1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOSPCMOD OV 6/1/11

Default Help! Stock Rom

First time posting something on this. I love this forum. I am currently on asopcmod 2.3 20110403. I need to get back to the stock rom. I have my reasons. I just don't know how to. I don't know where to find the stock 2.2 rom. Could someone please help me? Thank you.

IDK which recovery you are using but you may need to switch it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    AOSPCMOD OV 6/1/11

I am on clockwordmod 3.0.0.6 i think or 3.0.6. Do i just need to flash the rom? If so where can i find it? I've looked on google and only found stock rom with experimental xonia kernel

You didn't do a backup first?

Sent from my LG Optimus V
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    AOSPCMOD OV 6/1/11

No, when i rooted and flashed my phone i didnt know about backup and restoring. So is there no other way? Is there a stock rom on the internet? I was having trouble with my 3g and i called vm and they had me enter ##847448# or something and it wouldnt do anything. i just want my stock rom because i cant receive mms and it takes ten minutes to send a mms if it even does send. I'll just wait for the gingerbread update when they release it for the optimus ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bb6h22lude View Post
    No, when i rooted and flashed my phone i didnt know about backup and restoring. So is there no other way? Is there a stock rom on the internet? I was having trouble with my 3g and i called vm and they had me enter ##847448# or something and it wouldnt do anything. i just want my stock rom because i cant receive mms and it takes ten minutes to send a mms if it even does send. I'll just wait for the gingerbread update when they release it for the optimus ones.
    Probably your best bet would be Xionia ROM

Sent from my LG Optimus V

I am on clockwordmod 3.0.0.6 i think or 3.0.6. Do i just need to flash the rom? If so where can i find it? I've looked on google and only found stock rom with experimental xonia kernel
    I gave you the link on post 2, it has the stock rom and recovery, but you may need to flash a different recovery is what I am saying.

I don't think that version cwm can flash back to stock without an error.

This recovery should work fine to get back to stock.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    AOSPCMOD OV 6/1/11

Ok will try it. Do you know if i'll be able to get to the activation menu by pressing those keys i was saying? Just in case i have trouble and have to call virgin mobile and they tell me do to that. Last time i entered that nothing happened. lol and they started to get suspicious lol.

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Ok will try it. Do you know if i'll be able to get to the activation menu by pressing those keys i was saying? Just in case i have trouble and have to call virgin mobile and they tell me do to that. Last time i entered that nothing happened. lol and they started to get suspicious lol.
    If it is a true stock rom yes.
    IIRC its even possible on the stock+xionia kernel romm.

If you like the gingerbread roms flash the stock one. make a nanadroid backup. Then flash the custom rom you like. When you need to use the input codes just do a recover to the nanadroid and do what you need and then recover to your custom.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 1.5E

i cant receive mms and it takes ten minutes to send a mms if it even does send.
    None of the gingerbread roms have functional MMS with VM at this time.

i have a stock rom with just root access
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    AOSPCMOD OV 6/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by DestUndead View Post
    i have a stock rom with just root access
    Thank you im downloading it right now. Do you know if i can use cwm 3.0.0.6?

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by xabbott View Post
    None of the gingerbread roms have functional MMS with VM at this time.
    Not true you can send mms just cant receive.

Thank you im downloading it right now. Do you know if i can use cwm 3.0.0.6?
    I would not use it. I don't believe the clockwork mod works correctly on the v. I used a different recovery. And aosp rom now has mms guys. Please thank and donate to him. He has done the impossible. For a sick looken ui I suggest open home 6 full with the gingerbread theme.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DestUndead; 04-18-2011 at 11:47 PM.