1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charger

My parents have an after market wall charger for my mom's iPod touch. Does anyone know if it would be safe to use it to charge the Optimus? I would plug the Optimus USB cord into it. Thanks for help!

ROM
    Aphrodite 1.3.3 Xionia 05

it should be... I use the USB cable and several random wall chargers to charge mine, I just check them first to make sure they put out standard USB power -- if it's a 5v wall unit it should be just fine
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by cpshelley2 View Post
    it should be... I use the USB cable and several random wall chargers to charge mine, I just check them first to make sure they put out standard USB power -- if it's a 5v wall unit it should be just fine
    Thank you very much!
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

Like cpshelley2 said, read the label. You must have 5v output, and a minimum of 350mah to charge the phone, 700-800mah to charge and use at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
    Like cpshelley2 said, read the label. You must have 5v output, and a minimum of 350mah to charge the phone, 700-800mah to charge and use at the same time.
    +1 I tried a generic charger and tried streaming radio at the same time and my battery was slowly losing the battle at about 3% per hour. Started using an old HTC USB charger and now my battery gets fully charged.
    Google+ Devices: HTC Mogul, Touch, TP, TP2, Samsung Moment & Intercept, Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V & Slider, Nook, Iconia Tab, HTC Sensation

ROM
    Stock V, CM7 Nightly Nook

Works for me.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

The biggest draw back on this phone is the charging..

My DX I could plug it into my pc via the usb cable and charge it no matter what.
    If it was discharging it was not noticeable at all.

A friend gave me a charger from some phone he bought off ebay, it was a aftermarket charger and he has like 30 chargers already. I didnt look at it until I charged my phone with it. From 50% to full in just under 45 minutes. Phone was hot to touch and it freaked me out. I started looking and it was 1.8a at 5.11v. I gave that back to him and will stick with my blackberry charger.

ROM
    Nameles v1

Htc and blackberry work good. Just look for one that is 1amp no more.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Aphrodite 1.3.3 Xionia 05

Quote Originally Posted by mr.longbough View Post
    Htc and blackberry work good. Just look for one that is 1amp no more.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    yes, stock charger is 0.7a i believe.