Bricked lg optimus v

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Simple i wanted to put a different gmail account on my phone and im working on those steps now if it does not work im getting a new one tomorrow hands are missing my phone haha..

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
No i got to the step to boot my phone to emergency mode. It did the same thing as when i try to go into my recovery, just went blank with the back light on. I recorded the process i took to show what i did however i am just going to buy a new one after work. If i do find a way to fix this phone then i will simply have a spare.

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Well kids I gave up on my Optimus V, thats right I bought a new one today. I am out of 224 dollars and some change because I was careless with my phone while it was rooted! You see I was smart enough to do a simple copy/paste process to enable me to gain root access to my phone, however idiotic enough not to read all the warnings available to also aid me to not to brick my phone. I am looking at it now and I see something that was full of life and a great companion now lies on a computer desk lifeless and all for what?

To make my point clear, do your homework and read all the warnings! Ask questions because believe it or not there are people here to help! Do not be an idiot like myself and jump into something without fully knowing what you are dealing with, plain and simple. If you mess up there may be no going back and you will be making a post that says "bricked lg optimus v" on this forum. Hope you read this and take it with you.

Thanks a million mmarz for everything man. You tried and for that I am grateful.

Thanks for reading this everyone!

-Michael Burnell

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I just have to ask...

Are you rooting your new phone?

:D

-K
Oh ya just not tonight. Probably first thing tomorrow morning. Its easy and it works great until you try a factory reset via privacy settings haha. There is just too much to benefit from it for me just to not do it. Sounds crazy I know..

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Man thats life i guess. I am a glutton for punishment and likes to learn things the hard way. I paid dearly haha! Its okay and seriously dude thanks for everything!

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh ya just not tonight. Probably first thing tomorrow morning. Its easy and it works great until you try a factory reset via privacy settings haha. There is just too much to benefit from it for me just to not do it. Sounds crazy I know..

Not crazy at all, man. It's a total learning experience. Not a fun learning experience in your case, to be sure, but a lot of us are learning here daily.

Keep up with the positive attitude and I wish you nothing but the best with the fresh, shiny new V. :D

/Pours out a 40 for your lost Oppy.

-K

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man means a lot to me! Definately going to do this better this time haha! Feels good to be wireless after a week so I have to do it better.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Ddevil6669

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
hey marz the stock vm cab file put up downloads the zip but when i extract it i get an error saying that the archive is an unknown format or damaged. can you upload it again? or am i doing something wrong.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Okay I had no intention of doing the phone replacement its my fault so I should live with it, now if there is a way to fix my situation I am ever more than willing to do a step by step walk-through for it. My only question is that my PC will not even read my optimus period, is there any way for me to get it to read? I traced those links provided but those require a USB mount. It powers on but only shows the LG logo. The lights on but nobody is home. Haha.

+1 on your good intention. You broke it and you dealt with it instead of lying to the company. What I learn from your experience is to never do a factory reset while not in recovery mode when rooting.

raynoldsk

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You know what? This thread gives me hope for humanity.

While I am very sorry you had to buy a new phone, I am most impressed with your accepting personal responsibility for your own actions and not attempting to make someone else pay for your mistakes.

You are a good man, Michael.