Bricked lg optimus v

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Well even after searching the forums i cannot find a way to "unbrick" my phone. It started when i went to do a factory reset and when it did the reset it was stuck on the LG logo. I have tried doing the power, vol. down, and home button trick but when it tries to go in to recovery mode it simply goes blank. I then tried to do a reset via usb using my abd software but now it will not read my phone at all. Do I have any chance at all at restoring my phone or do I have myself a new paperweight? Thanks in advance for any help provided..

Ok, after reading further into this i saw that its a no-no to do a factory reset through the privacy settings.. Kinda sucks but thats how the cookie crumbles. I had a shell root on my phone so yeah when i did this there was no warning on doing that, maybe it was common knowledge but it was one piece i did not have so any body who does any form of root dont do a factory reset through your privacy settings. Dumb move, now im out of a phone.. haha..

Last edited:

mballin316

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i had the same problem i could not find a solution what i did was call vm tell them you did a factory reset because you got to many errors and it got stuck on the lg logo they will tell you to do some stuff to the phone none which works and eventually they will order you a replacement phone for free if you are under the year warranty try it. it worked for me

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't ask VM to replace it as that would be fraud. You voided the warranty by rooting it and installing your own software. You can easily fix this though. It is no big deal. This has been covered multiple times. Next time, try the search. Here is one example:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/59951-factory-reset-bricked-my-phone.html
Read the entire thread. If you have any questions afterwords, feel free to ask.

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't ask VM to replace it as that would be fraud. You voided the warranty by rooting it and installing your own software. You can easily fix this though. It is no big deal. This has been covered multiple times. Next time, try the search. Here is one example:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/59951-factory-reset-bricked-my-phone.html
Read the entire thread. If you have any questions afterwords, feel free to ask.

Okay I had no intention of doing the phone replacement its my fault so I should live with it, now if there is a way to fix my situation I am ever more than willing to do a step by step walk-through for it. My only question is that my PC will not even read my optimus period, is there any way for me to get it to read? I traced those links provided but those require a USB mount. It powers on but only shows the LG logo. The lights on but nobody is home. Haha.

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Make sure the drivers are installed correctly. You may want to try this method for rooting and installing a new recovery: [Guide][TOOL] How to root fastboot style. Fastest easiest way around - xda-developers

It uses "Fastboot drivers". I'm not sure what that means, but if your original drivers are having problems, these might work.

Once you can get into a recovery, you should be able to fix your phone.

Okay I will try even though i am not very optimistic about this, usually my phone connects right away even before it starts up past the VM jingle part i usually get a sound from my PC. I will keep you updated..

Edit: I did try the fastboot loader from the link you provided. No dice. I am guessing i am out of a phone unless you can think of anything else. I know i am stumped haha. I have the drivers installed. I am under the impression unless i can find a software program that can force my computer to read my phone the steps you provided will not work. To bad.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Which drivers are you using? The ones from the LG website don't always work, but there are others posted throughout the various "bricked" and "recovery" threads that might work for you.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
OK, I may have a fix for this. But I have a warning. NO ONE should try this. No one. Not ever. Don't do this. This will brick your phone. This is just for the OP, because his phone will be a coaster otherwise. I cannot stress this enough. No one do this! If you can get into adb shell or your recovery there is absolutely no reason to ever do this! Never ever ever ever ever ever!!!!!

Ok. With that out of the way and the OP wetting him or herself, we can continue.

1. Download the Optimus V Stock Firmware Cab: VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.cab
  2. Rename the file from .cab to .kdz
  3. And the KDZ updater: KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
  4. Uncompress the KDZ updater and install msxml.msi.
  5. Make sure your phone is fully charged.
  6. Turn your phone off (by pulling the battery if you half to).
  7. Plug in the USB cable.
  8. Hold down the volume down button, the power button, and the return button (the looping arrow button, not the home button). This is like entering recovery mode, but you are holding the return button instead of home.
  9. This will launch "Emergency Mode". Don't be alarmed.
  10. Your computer should start installing drivers. Let it finish.
  11. Emergency mode might start looping on and off. That's fine. It is trying to connect to the software on your computer. Ignore it.
  12. Disable LGE Virtual Modem drivers it installs. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable. (very important not to skip this step!) If there is no virtual modem listed, you may continue.
  13. This is as far as I've gone personally. The rest is theory.
  14. Shake the phone. (No clue why. Just mindlessly do it.)
  15. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe from the uncompressed KDZ updater.
  16. Select Type : CDMA (If that fails, try 3GQCT)
  17. Select PhoneMode : EMERGENCY (If that fails, try CS_EMERGENCY, or DIAG)
  18. After this point do not turn off your phone for any reason or error! If the falshing fails, just try using different settings from above, but don't restart the phone!!!!! Maybe you need to shake the phone more.
  19. Pick the Optimus V firmware file when asked to.
  20. Shake the phone for good luck and flash.

Last edited:

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
OK, I may have a fix for this. But I have a warning. NO ONE should try this. No one. Not ever. Don't do this. This will brick your phone. This is just for the OP, because his phone will be a coaster otherwise. I cannot stress this enough. No one do this! If you can get into adb shell or your recovery there is absolutely no reason to ever do this! Never ever ever ever ever ever!!!!!

Ok. With that out of the way and the OP wetting him or herself, we can continue.

1. Download the Optimus V Stock Firmware Cab: VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.cab
  2. And the KDZ updater: KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
  3. Uncompress the KDZ updater and install msxml.msi.
  4. Make sure your phone is fully charged.
  5. Turn your phone off (by pulling the battery if you half to).
  6. Plug in the USB cable.
  7. Hold down the volume down button, the power button, and the return button (the looping arrow button, not the home button). This is like entering recovery mode, but you are holding the return button instead of home.
  8. This will launch "Emergency Mode". Don't be alarmed.
  9. Your computer should start installing drivers. Let it finish.
  10. Emergency mode might start looping on and off. That's fine. It is trying to connect to the software on your computer. Ignore it.
  11. Disable LGE Virtual Modem drivers it installs. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable. (very important not to skip this step!) If there is no virtual modem listed, you may continue.
  12. This is as far as I've gone personally. The rest is theory.
  13. Shake the phone. (No clue why. Just mindlessly do it.)
  14. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe from the uncompressed KDZ updater.
  15. Select Type : CDMA (If that fails, try 3GQCT)
  16. Select PhoneMode : EMERGENCY (If that fails, try CS_EMERGENCY, or DIAG)
  17. After this point do not turn off your phone for any reason or error! If the falshing fails, just try using different settings from above, but don't restart the phone!!!!! Maybe you need to shake the phone more.
  18. Pick the Optimus V firmware file when asked to.
  19. Shake the phone for good luck and flash.

Epic music played while reading this.

Sent from my Optimus V

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It's simple, find a stock ROM and flash through recovery or Odin. That is if Odin supports the Optimus series.

Sent from my Xoom

elyandel

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Make sure the drivers are installed correctly. You may want to try this method for rooting and installing a new recovery: [Guide][TOOL] How to root fastboot style. Fastest easiest way around - xda-developers

It uses "Fastboot drivers". I'm not sure what that means, but if your original drivers are having problems, these might work.

Once you can get into a recovery, you should be able to fix your phone.

"why would you want to reset it to factory settings when its already rooted?"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03