I returned my Optimus V

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I spent the last 3 days waiting for Virgin mobile to give me an answer on why my 3G died completely and as of today I'm with Tmobile now with 4G unlimited everything only 20 bucks more for 80.00. I went ahead and bought the LG G2x and boy what a difference. I got lucky and the Radio Shack chick gave me full credit back towards the G2x. Well that's it...I'll be around! cya

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I was honestly near the same spot as you were. Initially, my Oppy seemed to suffer from poor performance and intermittent issues with my 3g data - I was just about to call it a loss myself and go back to the overpriced sea of alternatives.

The only thing that saved it for me was this community on Android Central.

Wishing you nothing but champaign wishes and caviar dreams with your new device, ashton.

I hear the G2X are simply amazing. Enjoy!

Best of luck to you.

-K

Reactions: ashton4life

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
$80?!? That's more than I used to spend on TMo with my BB, do you spend your entire life on your phone? ;)

Hope you find happiness, like we have with our Vs!

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
$80?!? That's more than I used to spend on TMo with my BB, do you spend your entire life on your phone? ;)

Hope you find happiness, like we have with our Vs!

IIRC he said he was in outside sales. Also since he has had the phone its been one problem after another and IMO it is because he is in a crappy service area for sprint/VM. Its funny how so many people jumped on the deal to get a cheap plan and phone then ***** and moan because its service is not what they wanted. I mean the 3g smartphone plans for VM are still new. When the optimus was on sale it was selling faster than they could keep them in stock. Plus there was increase in the user base here wanting to know how to root and be l33t.

A lot of the problems have settled down and the service is getting better because people arent overloading the network daily with new activations and trying to use the phone as their primary source for internet. I would bet there was at the minimum of 1000 people doing that. Just like they did with the Thunderbolt when it was released.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replys everyone!! lol as far as the cost being 80 for unlimited data, talk and text, to me its a good deal for the 4G alone. Its 20 bucks more then VM and no more headaches, at least I stuck with an LG and it's still an Optimus 2x in Europe but here it's the G2x. As far as the phone wow, its nice. I cant say enough about it since I love Android phones. It comes with vanilla Froyo with the Gingerbread release coming very soon. Yes I use the internet alot for work and I was running into alot of problems with my V and VM. FYI if you have good credit, Radio Shack has this phone for 199 plus there is a 50 rebate. Since they gave me full credit back on my V end up paying 15 bucks. I couldnt pass it up especially when the hot manager at Radio Shack let me return the phone with the case and gave me full credit after 2 months of use. I loved the V but VM and the service didnt cut it. Down side is I'm locked on a 2 year contract but hey I would have spent it with out a contract anyways at 60 per month. So I end up paying 480 bucks more for 2 years of service, I just cant see myself with the same phone that long!! lol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance