Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 679
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #351  

    Default

    I probably won't use the app a whole lot, but I did want to check it out. Plus, I appreciate watching the app evolve with the developers posts here. Keep up the great work!
  2. #352  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snrb_labs View Post
    Ya we can make those settings accessible from the call screen.

    Also, found a bug where the app doesn't re-register if there is an error signing in. That will be fixed in the next release.
    Thank you very much!..
    I can not think anything else to really add once the register fix is made as well as the request that I had..
    Plus forward to voicemail is about all that's left in my book for now..
    Your team is doing a great job..
    The support you give as well as the the rest of your team is the only reason I bought this app..

    Keep up the great work!..



    Sent from my Optimus V vai Tapatalk
  3. #353  

    Default

    First off let me say great app when I first bought it I called alot of people for free But....

    I'm having issues when I disconnect from wifi. The app just stops. I end up having to exit out if I can but then sometimes I can't I have to stop it from settings. I don't know if a log or the report an error will help you or not.

    Also I don't think the dial tones work correctly when you call your voice mail. I called my voicemail using groove ip and it called my phone of course I refused the call and groove ip went back to a blank dialer. I pulled down my notification bar and pressed the icon and it took me to the correct groove ip dialer with the phone call. So I hit star but that didn't work so then I tried pound and that did. So it asked me to enter my ten digit number. I entered it and it said sorry the number 555-555-5555 (fake number I'm not posting my real one lol ) is not a valid number. But the number it repeated was not the number i entered. I'm thinking that if the voicemail dialer can be fixed then we'll be able to check our voicemails and eventually forward them to google voice
  4. #354  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asadullah View Post
    First off let me say great app when I first bought it I called alot of people for free But....

    I'm having issues when I disconnect from wifi. The app just stops. I end up having to exit out if I can but then sometimes I can't I have to stop it from settings. I don't know if a log or the report an error will help you or not.

    Also I don't think the dial tones work correctly when you call your voice mail. I called my voicemail using groove ip and it called my phone of course I refused the call and groove ip went back to a blank dialer. I pulled down my notification bar and pressed the icon and it took me to the correct groove ip dialer with the phone call. So I hit star but that didn't work so then I tried pound and that did. So it asked me to enter my ten digit number. I entered it and it said sorry the number 555-555-5555 (fake number I'm not posting my real one lol ) is not a valid number. But the number it repeated was not the number i entered. I'm thinking that if the voicemail dialer can be fixed then we'll be able to check our voicemails and eventually forward them to google voice
    Hi,

    Glad you like the app. We're looking into both issues. Fixes will be in the next release.
  5. #355  

    Default

    Thanks for the link

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
  6. #356  

    Default Version 1.1.4

    - Improve call quality
    - Fix an issue where extra spaces or lines in the username could cause registration to fail
    - Fix registration failing when switching networks
    - Add a config to disable audible dialpad tones
    - Fix app randomly flipping between unregistered and registered (requires registration notification to be on)
    - Fix an issue where Bluetooth, mute, and speaker-phone buttons reset if you navigate away from the call screen
    - Improve DTMF digit generation
  7. #357  

    Default

    Can someone confirm after the new update how the call quality is with 3g. Not wifi. 3g on the OPTIMUS V. Thanks
  8. #358  

    Default

    I can confirm it is still pretty crappy on Optimus V 3G in Kansas City.
  9. #359  
    Takenover83's Avatar

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Changes to Often

    Default

    Testing on 3G will greatly vary. Hell, just do a few speed test during the day/night. The test are all over the place.
  10. #360  

    Default

    verizon
    htc thunderbolt rooted/bamf rom
    groove ip 113

    looks like a way cool app. trying to figure this out though. thinking a sticky somewhere might help if it outlines the setup rather than having to read through all of the ups and downs of other posters.

    should i be able to place calls initiated through my native dialer/phone app? when i do initiate a call in this manner i do get the option to choose between "groove ip" or "mobile network" and when the call is placed through groove ip the recipient of the call can't hear me. i have attempted the various troubleshooting recommendations without a solution.

    i am however able to place a call through the groove ip interface with the expected intended results and with better than expected audio quality.

    am i missing something? should i indeed be able to use the native dial/phone app to place calls through groove ip?

    oops just noticed this is an optimus forum. you'all seem pretty active with regard to this little app. hope you'all dont mind a t-bolt guy's question.

    thanks
    mark
  11. #361  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markkal123 View Post
    verizon
    htc thunderbolt rooted/bamf rom
    groove ip 113

    looks like a way cool app. trying to figure this out though. thinking a sticky somewhere might help if it outlines the setup rather than having to read through all of the ups and downs of other posters.

    should i be able to place calls initiated through my native dialer/phone app? when i do initiate a call in this manner i do get the option to choose between "groove ip" or "mobile network" and when the call is placed through groove ip the recipient of the call can't hear me. i have attempted the various troubleshooting recommendations without a solution.

    i am however able to place a call through the groove ip interface with the expected intended results and with better than expected audio quality.

    am i missing something? should i indeed be able to use the native dial/phone app to place calls through groove ip?

    oops just noticed this is an optimus forum. you'all seem pretty active with regard to this little app. hope you'all dont mind a t-bolt guy's question.

    thanks
    mark

    Hi,

    You should be able to dial using either dialer. Can you try it with 1.1.4 and see if it's any better?
  12. #362  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snrb_labs View Post
    Hi,

    You should be able to dial using either dialer. Can you try it with 1.1.4 and see if it's any better?
    Dang! ok here is the deal. i am running a rooted HTC thunderbolt and ROM (Das BAMF 1.6.3) now with groov ip 114

    this ROM contains a two-way call recorder. just disabled it and POOF! problems solved.

    voice is crystal clear both ends. just a bit of echo on the receiving side but i'm sure that will go away with a few minor tweaks to the settings.

    thanks for all of your help. you're A-1 in service with the great updates and modifications.

    i haven't reivewed any app yet, but y'all will be getting my first. it will be glowing mostly because of your attention to detail, personal availability for tech prblms, quick response to issues with quick version updates, etc., etc.

    thanks again for your work.
  13. #363  
    anon283326's Avatar
    Android Addict

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock, ViperROM RC2/Stock

    Default

    I use Groove IP, works great. It does get annoying though when it asks every call whether u want to use it or the mobile network for each call. Other than that, it works perfectly

    http://www.google.com/m/url?ei=-kLcT...m6vc_9JXg9kjGg

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
  14. #364  
    Takenover83's Avatar

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Changes to Often

    Default

    You know you can change that behavior. Just go to settings and set it to "always use groove" or "always use mobile" depending on your preference.
  15. #365  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markkal123 View Post
    Dang! ok here is the deal. i am running a rooted HTC thunderbolt and ROM (Das BAMF 1.6.3) now with groov ip 114

    this ROM contains a two-way call recorder. just disabled it and POOF! problems solved.

    voice is crystal clear both ends. just a bit of echo on the receiving side but i'm sure that will go away with a few minor tweaks to the settings.

    thanks for all of your help. you're A-1 in service with the great updates and modifications.

    i haven't reivewed any app yet, but y'all will be getting my first. it will be glowing mostly because of your attention to detail, personal availability for tech prblms, quick response to issues with quick version updates, etc., etc.

    thanks again for your work.
    Wow, would have never thought of the call recorder. Good catch. You can reduce echo by lowering the microphone gain and/or the speaker volume. Just be careful you don't lower it so much that no one can hear eachother.
  16. #366  
    Bearly's Avatar

    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

    Default

    I don't understand the advantage over Google Voice. What does this app do that GV cannot ?

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  17. #367  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    I don't understand the advantage over Google Voice. What does this app do that GV cannot ?

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    The Google Voice app will use your cell phone minutes when you make or receive a call. This uses your data plan or WiFi. So even if you don't have service on your phone you can still make and receive phone calls.
  18. #368  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snrb_labs View Post
    This ("GROOVE IP")) uses your data plan or WiFi. So even if you don't have service on your phone you can still make and receive phone calls.
    Witch is a key for many users as VM (Sprint) towers sux in many areas!..

    If any user's wants to learn more about this type of app do a search for VoIP services.
    As GrooVe IP is one In the same..
    However GrooVes team made it supper simple compared to other apps that are a pain to get set up to work correctly in many cases..



    Sent from my Optimus V vai Tapatalk
  19. #369  

    Default

    Had a nice long call on 3g yesterday. Other than a slight delay, I was very pleased with the call, quality was very good throughout.

    Stock Optimus V.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #370  

    Default

    I wish there was a way of knowing there is a delay in my call. Usually if I call again, it'll fix the delay, but I have no idea when my call has a huge delay until the person I'm talking to starts talking over me. If groove could have a call delay/quality meter or indicator, that would be great.
  21. #371  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmarz View Post
    I wish there was a way of knowing there is a delay in my call. Usually if I call again, it'll fix the delay, but I have no idea when my call has a huge delay until the person I'm talking to starts talking over me. If groove could have a call delay/quality meter or indicator, that would be great.
    On calls that you have delay, does it start off delayed and stay that way? Or does it get worse during the call? Do you get the same issue on WiFi and 3G?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #372  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snrb_labs View Post
    On calls that you have delay, does it start off delayed and stay that way? Or does it get worse during the call? Do you get the same issue on WiFi and 3G?
    I am 99% sure it is a google voice issue and not the app as I have the same experience using GV through my desktop. It'll be from the very beginning of the call and stay that way. I've only experienced it when using 3G, but the majority of my calls are via 3G. If I hang up and call again, it'll be fixed. I just wish I knew when the call had a delay or had a poor connection in general.
  23. #373  

    Default

    for some unexplained reason the groove ip icon does not show up in the notification bar. neither red(unregistered) or green(registered). when i place an outgoing call i do have the option to use the groove ip or mobile network. when the groove ip otion is selected the call proceeds as expected and my google number shows on the recipient's caller id.

    any thoughts?

    thanks
    marj
  24. #374  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markkal123 View Post
    for some unexplained reason the groove ip icon does not show up in the notification bar. neither red(unregistered) or green(registered). when i place an outgoing call i do have the option to use the groove ip or mobile network. when the groove ip otion is selected the call proceeds as expected and my google number shows on the recipient's caller id.

    any thoughts?

    thanks
    marj
    Is registration notification checked in your GrooVe IP settings? Also, did you move the app to your sdcard by any chance?
  25. #375  

    Default

    i guess i need to stop dinkin' around. yep i moved to the sd card. thanks

    to confirm in google voice i should have the calls forwarded to "google chat"?

    what is the effect if they are forwarded to my phone? when that option is selected the groove ip interface is still an option when i place calls and my google number shows in the recipients caller id.


    if "google voice options on the phone are activated or i i choose to use google voice for my default voice mail is there any effect on groove ip funcionality?

    i'm a big fan of this and selling it to my friends and family.
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions