Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: New VOIP option for GV - single app solution: GrooVe IP

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I love your app and bought it like 2 years ago and still use it daily. I have been having an increasing issue over the what seems to be 4 months. Not sure if there was an update that caused this back then or a change on Google's side. When I wake up my phone 3 out of 5 times the green GV in the statusbar is red and stuck trying to login for who knows how long. It will not login till I close the app and relaunch it. I run this app on my Galaxy Nexus i515, LG Optimus V, and my Nexus 7 all of them experience this issue on WiFi, 4G LTE, and 3G. I have experimented alot with the setting to keep the cpu awake and wifi perf locking. I had each device setup and working for months without issue before this started. I then went back and tested each setting to see if another setup would help and nothing fixed it but some did make it alot worse.
    Hi,

We've been making some changes for sign in for the next update. We should have a beta available this weekend or soon after. It'll be posted on our facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymo View Post
    Do you have the setting in Wifi Advanced settings to keep Wifi on always?
    Yes, but that would not explain why 3G & 4G LTE also experience this issue. Plus if I did have it set to sleep WiFi while screen off it would log back in when it switches from wifi to mobile data.

Quote Originally Posted by snrb_labs View Post
    Hi,

We've been making some changes for sign in for the next update. We should have a beta available this weekend or soon after. It'll be posted on our facebook page.
    Kewl I thought it might have something to do with the new authentication being used.

Kewl I thought it might have something to do with the new authentication being used.
    You can grab our latest beta from here should fix the sign in trouble. Also has a few more fixes.
    Thanked by 2:

Going to give it a try but I was wondering if it will still update thought the play store or will I need to uninstall and download a new version form the play store manually?

EDIT: Status bar icon changed? It stays grey?

Going to give it a try but I was wondering if it will still update thought the play store or will I need to uninstall and download a new version form the play store manually?

EDIT: Status bar icon changed? It stays grey?
    Notification icons are new. If there's an X there it's signed out. Complete circle with GV is signed in. You should still be able to update from the play store when we post the app

Hope you don't mind but I have feature suggestion now that color is not part of the icon scheme. Add the ability to customize the color so we can match it to the rest of our statusbar since it is a main stay for those of us that use it regularly. Thanks for making an app with real life use.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Please excuse me if this is not in line with the general topic of this discussion I am very interested in understanding how to use this with Magic Jack I do not have the magic jack dongle anymore does anybody have information on this
    thank you for your time

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by badrsj View Post
    Please excuse me if this is not in line with the general topic of this discussion I am very interested in understanding how to use this with Magic Jack I do not have the magic jack dongle anymore does anybody have information on this
    thank you for your time

Not sure why you would want to mix these. There is an app for magicjack already.

Hope you don't mind but I have feature suggestion now that color is not part of the icon scheme. Add the ability to customize the color so we can match it to the rest of our statusbar since it is a main stay for those of us that use it regularly. Thanks for making an app with real life use.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have to imagine it's possible. I'll talk to the guy who created the icons for us.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I have found that the Magic Jack application that exists is temperamental,
    it is not ready reliable and given magicJacks history am NOT thinking they are going to fix or update this app relatively soon

I have found that the Magic Jack application that exists is temperamental,
    it is not ready reliable and given magicJacks history am NOT thinking they are going to fix or update this app relatively soon

Not really familiar with Magic Jack so can't really help.
    Thanked by:
    badrsj 

The beta worked great and I am on the new update and it works great. Once in awhile it will get logged out when I wake the screen but it just about instantly logs back in unlike before when it would hang. Thanks alot I think you nailed the problem I was having.

I've yet to try this app outside with 3G/4G but I tried it with a couple of callers over WiFi and it works quite well. With T-Mobile WiFi Calling enabled I get calls from both numbers. With it disabled I only get calls from my Google Voice number.

I'm very happy there's a lot of dialogue with SNRB Labs.
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5

The beta worked great and I am on the new update and it works great. Once in awhile it will get logged out when I wake the screen but it just about instantly logs back in unlike before when it would hang. Thanks alot I think you nailed the problem I was having.
    Glad it's working. We did post the update officially.

ROM
    JB 4.1

App is great, I use it daily and have never had a issue with it over Wifi or over mobile networks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    snrb_labs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by snrb_labs View Post
    Glad it's working. We did post the update officially.
    It's doing it again.

It's hanging at sign in? Haven't seen any issues like that with the latest. Try doing a clean install? Uninstall the app, restart the device, then download and install the app.

It is not happening as much or as consistent. I get it like 3 time a week not 5-10 times a day like before. Maybe related I am also having failures with google signing in lately with all my devices.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I love this application is reiable other than the occasional sign in issue is it possible to add texting this application as well via same Google number.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I love this application is reiable other than the occasional sign in issue is it possible to add texting this application as well via same Google number.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    The google voice app does SMS for free. But we are working on an add-on for SMS
    Thanked by:
    badrsj 

Hi, do you know if there is a device that works particularly well with this app? I'm going to be buying a new device soon and would like to use this app exclusively for calls so I want to make the best purchase for that. Thanks.

GrooveIP works well with the OV. My only suggestion is to splurge and buy the paid version. The free version has some limitations that are a little annoying. Like it won't use the sensor on the front to turn off the screen when you hold the phone to your head.

I have not had much luck using it over 3g, but that might just be my particular phone or the area I'm in.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by groo79 View Post
    GrooveIP works well with the OV. My only suggestion is to splurge and buy the paid version. The free version has some limitations that are a little annoying. Like it won't use the sensor on the front to turn off the screen when you hold the phone to your head.

I have not had much luck using it over 3g, but that might just be my particular phone or the area I'm in.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks. Might be a dumb question but what's an OV? Do you get good voice quality w/ the default settings or did you have to tweak them? I'm planning on buying the paid version when I get a new phone and I'm only going to use it over a wifi connection. I have the lite version now but I can't get good voice quality no matter what I do to the settings. I'm using a Samsung something right now that's about a year old.
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

OV - optimus v - that is the forum you are in.

As far as quality goes - default settings always work for me. I always have lag though regardless of service and connection.

Works much better on a good Wi-Fi connection mostly because of cellular latency I think

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 LastLast