Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 679
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #76  

    Default

    Any idea of this started happening only after the last update? 1.0.12?

    Also if you completely close the app, use settings->applications to force close. When you restart is it good for a few calls? If you're willing, may also want to restart your phone and see if that changes anything. Any info you guys can give me would help.

    Just wondering if it's something that changed in the last update or if it's some sort of state the app gets into that maybe a restart would fix.
    Last edited by snrb_labs; 05-03-2011 at 07:00 AM.
  2. #77  

    Default

    Also anyone willing to take a test apk to see if some ideas we have solve it for you? If you can reproduce the issue easily and are willing to take test builds shoot me an email
  3. #78  

    Default

    Hey anyone know a good place to buy a LG Optimus? We're thinking of buying one to use for testing.
  4. #79  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snrb_labs View Post
    Hey anyone know a good place to buy a LG Optimus? We're thinking of buying one to use for testing.
    Check here:

    and here:

    Both threads discuss where to find them cheapest. Popular phone right now
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #80  

    Default

    Walmart B&M is supposed to still have it for $150. All other sources have it for $200.
  6. #81  
    Eollie's Avatar

    Posts
    1,566 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snrb_labs View Post
    Hey anyone know a good place to buy a LG Optimus? We're thinking of buying one to use for testing.
    keep a eye on and maybe . Lets talk recently raised the price of the V to the standard 199. but they are notorious for running deals.
  7. #82  
    Takenover83's Avatar

    Posts
    507 Posts
    ROM
    Changes to Often

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snrb_labs View Post
    Any idea of this started happening only after the last update? 1.0.12?

    Also if you completely close the app, use settings->applications to force close. When you restart is it good for a few calls? If you're willing, may also want to restart your phone and see if that changes anything. Any info you guys can give me would help.

    Just wondering if it's something that changed in the last update or if it's some sort of state the app gets into that maybe a restart would fix.
    I will try some of the things you suggested here. And yes, it also happened on previous versions of Groove IP.

    You can always look around your local Craigslist and buy a Optimus V, S, One used. That's how I got mine. It is a very popular phone and very tough to find. Thus, the reason the price was raised from $150 to $200. Radioshack also sales them, and you can check for stock Online.
    SugarSync (5GB Cloud) Referral Link. - We each get 500MB extra.
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.
  8. #83  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takenover83 View Post
    I will try some of the things you suggested here. And yes, it also happened on previous versions of Groove IP.

    You can always look around your local Craigslist and buy a Optimus V, S, One used. That's how I got mine. It is a very popular phone and very tough to find. Thus, the reason the price was raised from $150 to $200. Radioshack also sales them, and you can check for stock Online.
    I'd think for testing on wifi an Optimus S or T would be easiest to find/cheapest, since the V (for VM) is so popular right now because of the data plan.

    Of course you could buy one, activate it, test it on wifi and VM's 3G, then sell it for maybe even a profit
  9. #84  

    Default

    Some good news. I think we have a lead on the problem happening on the Optimus. There's an api to manually set the audio mode. We stopped calling that api early on because it caused problems with many phones. It seems the Optimus requires you to manually set the audio mode. We're adding a checkbox to troubleshooting to set the audio mode manually.

    The bad news is it may take us a day or two to get it in. We also plan on buying an Optimus tomorrow just to verify things are all fixed.
    Thanked by:
    ejlmd 
  10. #85  
    Takenover83's Avatar

    Posts
    507 Posts
    ROM
    Changes to Often

    Default

    Great news. Where did ya find a V?
    SugarSync (5GB Cloud) Referral Link. - We each get 500MB extra.
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.
  11. #86  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takenover83 View Post
    Great news. Where did ya find a V?
    My local radioshack has one in stock. Just didn't get there before closing time.
  12. #87  
    Takenover83's Avatar

    Posts
    507 Posts
    ROM
    Changes to Often

    Default

    Awesome. Take advantage of their return policy if you need to (after the bug is squished). I have returned a couple phones there with no issue's.
    SugarSync (5GB Cloud) Referral Link. - We each get 500MB extra.
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.
  13. #88  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takenover83 View Post
    Awesome. Take advantage of their return policy if you need to (after the bug is squished). I have returned a couple phones there with no issue's.
    Target has a 90 day return policy if the 30 days at RadioShack is too short.

    My GV account is tied to my Hotmail account. This only works if the GV account is tied to a Gmail account, right?
  14. #89  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidh44 View Post
    Target has a 90 day return policy if the 30 days at RadioShack is too short.

    My GV account is tied to my Hotmail account. This only works if the GV account is tied to a Gmail account, right?
    Someone reported issues with trying to use a yahoo account, we're looking into that. Are you not able to get registered with the hotmail account?
  15. #90  
    etb
    etb is offline
    etb's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts

    Default

    I'm having the same issue with people saying my voice is choppy to the point of being unrecognizable after about ten seconds, while they sound crystal clear on my end. Happens over 3g and wifi using optimus V. Other than that app is awesome. Great work!
  16. #91  

    Default

    Same problem as above. Bought the app, tried it ans refunded it a few minutes later. I'd keep and use it except for that issue.
  17. #92  

    Default

    Believe we've made some progress on the choppy voice issue. We should be posting an update tonight with some new troubleshooting checkboxes that should improve things for the Optimus.
    Thanked by 4:
    ejlmdetbgabbottlizm 
  18. #93  
    Takenover83's Avatar

    Posts
    507 Posts
    ROM
    Changes to Often

    Default

    Sounds great. Can't wait to give it a spin.
    SugarSync (5GB Cloud) Referral Link. - We each get 500MB extra.
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.
  19. #94  

    Default Version 1.0.13

    New update is up!

    - Fix DTMF digits not detected when in a call
    - Add a configuration change Google Chat status
    - Proximity sensor support to turn off screen when held to face
    - Add new settings in troubleshooting to fix call quality on some phones (If you have stuttering/choppy voice try the new Audio Processing settings)
    - Integrate with native call log
    - Register as a dialer, clicking on a phone number will now list GrooVe IP as a dialer option

    If you were having the choppy voice issue then try the new Audio Processing settings. If you had choppy voice incoming then enable Incoming Audio Processing. If you had choppy voice outgoing then enable Outgoing Audio Processing. For the LG Optimus, make sure that Audio Routing Hack is OFF before enabling those two settings (may need to restart the phone if you had the routing hack on)
    Thanked by 2:
    ejlmdgabbott 
  20. #95  
    Takenover83's Avatar

    Posts
    507 Posts
    ROM
    Changes to Often

    Default

    Yay, I will give it a good test within the new few hours. Proximity Sensor is working just fine.

    One minor feature request, that should be pretty simple. Append a area code to numbers with only 7 digits. For example. I have a 317 google number, but live in a area with 219. So for all the numbers I call in 219 area, I always have to make sure I enter 219. I think the gv callback had this feature, and maybe even the official google voice.
    SugarSync (5GB Cloud) Referral Link. - We each get 500MB extra.
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.
  21. #96  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takenover83 View Post
    Yay, I will give it a good test within the new few hours. Proximity Sensor is working just fine.

    One minor feature request, that should be pretty simple. Append a area code to numbers with only 7 digits. For example. I have a 317 google number, but live in a area with 219. So for all the numbers I call in 219 area, I always have to make sure I enter 219. I think the gv callback had this feature, and maybe even the official google voice.
    What we can do is add a textbox where you specify what area code to prepend if you only enter 7 digits. Sound good?
  22. #97  
    Takenover83's Avatar

    Posts
    507 Posts
    ROM
    Changes to Often

    Default

    Yea that is how gv callback has it. Works great. Thanks for listening.

    Edit: Just tested two phonecalls over 5-min each to another cellphone. No errors. Will report back if I hit any snags.
    I have enabled "Outgoing Audio Processing".
    Last edited by Takenover83; 05-04-2011 at 09:02 PM.
    SugarSync (5GB Cloud) Referral Link. - We each get 500MB extra.
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.
  23. #98  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takenover83 View Post
    Yea that is how gv callback has it. Works great. Thanks for listening.

    Edit: Just tested two phonecalls over 5-min each to another cellphone. No errors. Will report back if I hit any snags.
    I have enabled "Outgoing Audio Processing".
    Don't have to thank me. It's in my own best interest...If I didn't listen to you guys I'd have a sucky app that no one used
  24. #99  

    Default

    so i have an lg optimus v and im going to get this app. can you tell me exactly what settings i should use on this? Thanks
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #100  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gallerocks View Post
    so i have an lg optimus v and im going to get this app. can you tell me exactly what settings i should use on this? Thanks
    (My bad)
    Last edited by mmarz; 05-05-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B