Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Any idea of this started happening only after the last update? 1.0.12?

Also if you completely close the app, use settings->applications to force close. When you restart is it good for a few calls? If you're willing, may also want to restart your phone and see if that changes anything. Any info you guys can give me would help.

Just wondering if it's something that changed in the last update or if it's some sort of state the app gets into that maybe a restart would fix.
    Last edited by snrb_labs; 05-03-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Also anyone willing to take a test apk to see if some ideas we have solve it for you? If you can reproduce the issue easily and are willing to take test builds shoot me an email

Hey anyone know a good place to buy a LG Optimus? We're thinking of buying one to use for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by snrb_labs View Post
    Hey anyone know a good place to buy a LG Optimus? We're thinking of buying one to use for testing.
    Check here:

and here:

Both threads discuss where to find them cheapest. Popular phone right now
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #80  

Walmart B&M is supposed to still have it for $150. All other sources have it for $200.

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

keep a eye on and maybe . Lets talk recently raised the price of the V to the standard 199. but they are notorious for running deals.

ROM
    Changes to Often

Any idea of this started happening only after the last update? 1.0.12?

Also if you completely close the app, use settings->applications to force close. When you restart is it good for a few calls? If you're willing, may also want to restart your phone and see if that changes anything. Any info you guys can give me would help.

Just wondering if it's something that changed in the last update or if it's some sort of state the app gets into that maybe a restart would fix.
    I will try some of the things you suggested here. And yes, it also happened on previous versions of Groove IP.

You can always look around your local Craigslist and buy a Optimus V, S, One used. That's how I got mine. It is a very popular phone and very tough to find. Thus, the reason the price was raised from $150 to $200. Radioshack also sales them, and you can check for stock Online.
    SugarSync (5GB Cloud) Referral Link. - We each get 500MB extra.
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Takenover83 View Post
    I will try some of the things you suggested here. And yes, it also happened on previous versions of Groove IP.

You can always look around your local Craigslist and buy a Optimus V, S, One used. That's how I got mine. It is a very popular phone and very tough to find. Thus, the reason the price was raised from $150 to $200. Radioshack also sales them, and you can check for stock Online.
    I'd think for testing on wifi an Optimus S or T would be easiest to find/cheapest, since the V (for VM) is so popular right now because of the data plan.

Of course you could buy one, activate it, test it on wifi and VM's 3G, then sell it for maybe even a profit

Some good news. I think we have a lead on the problem happening on the Optimus. There's an api to manually set the audio mode. We stopped calling that api early on because it caused problems with many phones. It seems the Optimus requires you to manually set the audio mode. We're adding a checkbox to troubleshooting to set the audio mode manually.

The bad news is it may take us a day or two to get it in. We also plan on buying an Optimus tomorrow just to verify things are all fixed.
    Thanked by:
    ejlmd 

ROM
    Changes to Often

Great news. Where did ya find a V?
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.

Great news. Where did ya find a V?
    My local radioshack has one in stock. Just didn't get there before closing time.

ROM
    Changes to Often

Awesome. Take advantage of their return policy if you need to (after the bug is squished). I have returned a couple phones there with no issue's.

Awesome. Take advantage of their return policy if you need to (after the bug is squished). I have returned a couple phones there with no issue's.
    Target has a 90 day return policy if the 30 days at RadioShack is too short.

My GV account is tied to my Hotmail account. This only works if the GV account is tied to a Gmail account, right?

Quote Originally Posted by davidh44 View Post
    Target has a 90 day return policy if the 30 days at RadioShack is too short.

My GV account is tied to my Hotmail account. This only works if the GV account is tied to a Gmail account, right?
    Someone reported issues with trying to use a yahoo account, we're looking into that. Are you not able to get registered with the hotmail account?
    etb

I'm having the same issue with people saying my voice is choppy to the point of being unrecognizable after about ten seconds, while they sound crystal clear on my end. Happens over 3g and wifi using optimus V. Other than that app is awesome. Great work!

Same problem as above. Bought the app, tried it ans refunded it a few minutes later. I'd keep and use it except for that issue.

Believe we've made some progress on the choppy voice issue. We should be posting an update tonight with some new troubleshooting checkboxes that should improve things for the Optimus.
    Thanked by 4:
    ejlmdetbgabbottlizm 

ROM
    Changes to Often

Sounds great. Can't wait to give it a spin.

Default Version 1.0.13

New update is up!

- Fix DTMF digits not detected when in a call
    - Add a configuration change Google Chat status
    - Proximity sensor support to turn off screen when held to face
    - Add new settings in troubleshooting to fix call quality on some phones (If you have stuttering/choppy voice try the new Audio Processing settings)
    - Integrate with native call log
    - Register as a dialer, clicking on a phone number will now list GrooVe IP as a dialer option

If you were having the choppy voice issue then try the new Audio Processing settings. If you had choppy voice incoming then enable Incoming Audio Processing. If you had choppy voice outgoing then enable Outgoing Audio Processing. For the LG Optimus, make sure that Audio Routing Hack is OFF before enabling those two settings (may need to restart the phone if you had the routing hack on)
    Thanked by 2:
    ejlmdgabbott 

ROM
    Changes to Often

Yay, I will give it a good test within the new few hours. Proximity Sensor is working just fine.

One minor feature request, that should be pretty simple. Append a area code to numbers with only 7 digits. For example. I have a 317 google number, but live in a area with 219. So for all the numbers I call in 219 area, I always have to make sure I enter 219. I think the gv callback had this feature, and maybe even the official google voice.

Yay, I will give it a good test within the new few hours. Proximity Sensor is working just fine.

One minor feature request, that should be pretty simple. Append a area code to numbers with only 7 digits. For example. I have a 317 google number, but live in a area with 219. So for all the numbers I call in 219 area, I always have to make sure I enter 219. I think the gv callback had this feature, and maybe even the official google voice.
    What we can do is add a textbox where you specify what area code to prepend if you only enter 7 digits. Sound good?

ROM
    Changes to Often

Yea that is how gv callback has it. Works great. Thanks for listening.

Edit: Just tested two phonecalls over 5-min each to another cellphone. No errors. Will report back if I hit any snags.
    I have enabled "Outgoing Audio Processing".
    Last edited by Takenover83; 05-04-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Yea that is how gv callback has it. Works great. Thanks for listening.

Edit: Just tested two phonecalls over 5-min each to another cellphone. No errors. Will report back if I hit any snags.
    I have enabled "Outgoing Audio Processing".
    Don't have to thank me. It's in my own best interest...If I didn't listen to you guys I'd have a sucky app that no one used

so i have an lg optimus v and im going to get this app. can you tell me exactly what settings i should use on this? Thanks
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #100  

Quote Originally Posted by gallerocks View Post
    so i have an lg optimus v and im going to get this app. can you tell me exactly what settings i should use on this? Thanks
    (My bad)
    Last edited by mmarz; 05-05-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast