New VOIP option for GV - single app solution: GrooVe IP

badrsj

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have found that the Magic Jack application that exists is temperamental,
it is not ready reliable and given magicJacks history am NOT thinking they are going to fix or update this app relatively soon

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have found that the Magic Jack application that exists is temperamental,
it is not ready reliable and given magicJacks history am NOT thinking they are going to fix or update this app relatively soon

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Not really familiar with Magic Jack so can't really help.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The beta worked great and I am on the new update and it works great. Once in awhile it will get logged out when I wake the screen but it just about instantly logs back in unlike before when it would hang. Thanks alot I think you nailed the problem I was having.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to try this app outside with 3G/4G but I tried it with a couple of callers over WiFi and it works quite well. With T-Mobile WiFi Calling enabled I get calls from both numbers. With it disabled I only get calls from my Google Voice number.

I'm very happy there's a lot of dialogue with SNRB Labs.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
The beta worked great and I am on the new update and it works great. Once in awhile it will get logged out when I wake the screen but it just about instantly logs back in unlike before when it would hang. Thanks alot I think you nailed the problem I was having.

Glad it's working. We did post the update officially.

ExtctnLvlEvnt

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
App is great, I use it daily and have never had a issue with it over Wifi or over mobile networks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
It's hanging at sign in? Haven't seen any issues like that with the latest. Try doing a clean install? Uninstall the app, restart the device, then download and install the app.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It is not happening as much or as consistent. I get it like 3 time a week not 5-10 times a day like before. Maybe related I am also having failures with google signing in lately with all my devices.

badrsj

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I love this application is reiable other than the occasional sign in issue is it possible to add texting this application as well via same Google number.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I love this application is reiable other than the occasional sign in issue is it possible to add texting this application as well via same Google number.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The google voice app does SMS for free. But we are working on an add-on for SMS

David Wallace

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, do you know if there is a device that works particularly well with this app? I'm going to be buying a new device soon and would like to use this app exclusively for calls so I want to make the best purchase for that. Thanks.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
GrooveIP works well with the OV. My only suggestion is to splurge and buy the paid version. The free version has some limitations that are a little annoying. Like it won't use the sensor on the front to turn off the screen when you hold the phone to your head.

I have not had much luck using it over 3g, but that might just be my particular phone or the area I'm in.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

David Wallace

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
GrooveIP works well with the OV. My only suggestion is to splurge and buy the paid version. The free version has some limitations that are a little annoying. Like it won't use the sensor on the front to turn off the screen when you hold the phone to your head.

I have not had much luck using it over 3g, but that might just be my particular phone or the area I'm in.

Thanks. Might be a dumb question but what's an OV? Do you get good voice quality w/ the default settings or did you have to tweak them? I'm planning on buying the paid version when I get a new phone and I'm only going to use it over a wifi connection. I have the lite version now but I can't get good voice quality no matter what I do to the settings. I'm using a Samsung something right now that's about a year old.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
OV - optimus v - that is the forum you are in.

As far as quality goes - default settings always work for me. I always have lag though regardless of service and connection.

Works much better on a good Wi-Fi connection mostly because of cellular latency I think

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
In my personal experience that application has never run properly for me or given decent quality on my ov. I've not been able to hear the other person or them not hear me and there is always latency even on WiFi network :(

Sent via AC on my OV Harmoniously

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is having trouble using GrooVe IP I'd be happy to help. Just send us an email at snrb.labs.com. We've continued making improvements to the app and the latest versions should have significantly less latency than the older ones.

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
New app called Spare Phone works great. Cheaper than grooveip as well.

By cheaper you mean free? *giggles* last time I checked, groove IP was completely and utterly free because Google Voice is. Ha. Fail.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL