I think i bricked my phone. HELP!!!

gallerocks

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
well thanks, it just sucks that it won't do anything but boot up into recovery. I appreciate the help though. Is there anyway to contact mmarz or will he read this?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
adb shell into the phone while it is in recovery, then try typing this:

strings /dev/mtd/mtd8
flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8

gallerocks

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
mars someone helped me get phone back to stock but they gave me optimus S stock which is sprint and now i cant get past the ID pack screen so im trying to reflash a custom recovery and now i can't bc now i cant even log into adb shell :(

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh dear, can you post the steps you took to flash the optimus S rom? Did it involve an an optimus S cab file?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You need to press cancel whenever the activate service screen pops up in order to get into your settings menu to enable USB debugging. If that doesn't work, boot up in safe mode by following this guide: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...662-super-secret-optimus-v-button-combos.html

Once you can get to Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging enabled, you will need to root your phone again following this guide:http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/57485-how-root-lg-optimus-v.html

Then follow this guide to get back to the Optimus V stock rom: http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/58106-how-return-your-phone-stock-mostly.html

After that, you'll be in the clear to flash anything you want.

Also, never again flash anything meant for another phone.

gallerocks

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
ok i cant stop the active service screen pop ups and when trying to do the safemode its not working, i hold menu and power at same time and release after the 3rd boot image ? which is the android, it starts at LG then goes to sprint then goes to android boot image. I let go right after that and it doesnt do safe mode

gallerocks

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
wow man i managed to get into safe mode and it still pops up the screen that says Please wait while we set up your device services... cant seem to get past it

gallerocks

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
nope. My phone is running stock optimus S which is sprint so it keeps trying to connect to sprint and wont let me in the phone to really root it. My phone is set to debug and all that so I was able to put a temporary root on it with superclickone or w/e its called but i tried everything to flash a recovery on it and it just wouldn't let me. Kept saying flash_image: not found. But i have flash_image on my phone and on my adb directory so its not making much sense.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
nope. My phone is running stock optimus S which is sprint so it keeps trying to connect to sprint and wont let me in the phone to really root it. My phone is set to debug and all that so I was able to put a temporary root on it with superclickone or w/e its called but i tried everything to flash a recovery on it and it just wouldn't let me. Kept saying flash_image: not found. But i have flash_image on my phone and on my adb directory so its not making much sense.

You can't skip steps. Follow the rooting guide completely. Then you can place flash_image in your /system/bin folder. Set the correct permissions, and only then can you flash a new recovery. From there, you can flash a V rom.

By flashing the stock S rom, you are back to square one. You need to follow the steps you did when you first got your phone.

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

Last edited:

gallerocks

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
k im back and running aosp cm7 :) . I have one issue. i can not get my 3g network to work. Its been off for awhile even before the mess up. Any idea how to fix this issue?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
k im back and running aosp cm7 :) . I have one issue. i can not get my 3g network to work. Its been off for awhile even before the mess up. Any idea how to fix this issue?

I think maybe its down. Not sure im having issues myself. Of course today was my restart day. Ive called vm and they restarted my plan but now I cant get mms or connect to 3g internet.

gallerocks

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
well my 3g has been down atleast a week MMS too. Something isn't right. Not sure if there is something i can do to fix that. I even called Virgin Mobile. All they do is give excuses to get you off the phone :(

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
well my 3g has been down atleast a week MMS too. Something isn't right. Not sure if there is something i can do to fix that. I even called Virgin Mobile. All they do is give excuses to get you off the phone :(

I heard that their network is crap. World for.like three days string then you never get a connection. What do u expect for 25 bucks unlimited everything... yeah u got unlimited but dies.it work?........

And dude.... congratulations on fixing your phone
Its like u was watching a horror. Movie for.phones.... and when u put put optimus s on ur v I just about shat myself... I felt your pain the whole way through. I love cm7 on my Droid incredible its the best rom

I hope.you fix the 3g prob. But I'm guessing it's the carrier

ibanez rgt6exfx via tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma