1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Optimus V WiFi, Data Download & 3G Connection Issues

From time to time my one month old Optimus V cannot make a 3G connection in areas where there is usually a strong signal and it normally connects without problem.

Sometimes the WiFi acts the same way in areas where I know there is a strong signal and other devices connect and transfer data without problems.

Presently, neither one is working in an area where there is absolutely a strong WiFi signal and normally a strong 3G signal. Today, I can't download data, or connect with the internet. The 3G icon shows active up and downloads right after I enable it but the moment I try to use SpeedTest or start my browser, the icon disappears and both programs tell me there is no active internet or data connection.

What gives? This is taking all of my time and driving me crazy from the frustration.

If it doesn't work cheap isn't at any price and I am heading off to another service.

Default WTF!!!

I am having the same issue I have had my Optimus for less than 2 weeks, the 3g crapped out after 3 days. And the Wifi just crapped out about 2 hours ago.

I've had my V sense it first released..
    Never had any of these issues..

Sent from my Optimus V vai Tapatalk
    Maybe the main purpose your alive is to serve as a warning to others~

Try putting it in airplane mode for a few seconds, mine never drops wifi, but I have to do this for my 3g connection sometimes.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    stock

I am having the same exact problem, only had this phone for 4 days when I pick it up after 3 hours of non use internet does not work, I do not receive notifications from facebook gmail or any other data service, if I do a battery pull, turn on or off, or airplane mode trick, it starts working........ I am very concerned about what I am missing in my, down time"!! as soon as I get data working, after 1 of the above tricks, I get immediate pop ups, from gmail facebook and other notifications of all the things I have missed!! I love this phone and android but this could be a dealbreaker for me with vm ! ( is this the price we have to pay for such low cost service?) I am open for all suggestions and Advice, from all you android professionals..... please help!i

Go look at my post here http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...mobile-21.html

Call that # and see if they cant get you fixed up. If you have a land line it maybe best to call from that. In case the want to do troubleshooting.

I have the same exact problem, Ive called VM about 6 times now and each time the "escalate" the problem, nothing they have done fixes it... the airplane mode thing usually bring back the data connection until the next time it goes out. ive tried the #*#*46436#*#* reset and that is just as useful as airplane mode... VM sent me a replacement phone for free and its worse then my original phone...

ROM
    Harmonia 2.06

Not applying to WiFi issues but with 3G data, if you switch from a simple feature phone to an Android phone VM has to switch your account permissions. I had so many problems with my other phone (Samsung Intercept) trying to connect to 3G that I went back to my Rumor Touch and the Data wouldn't even work on that. When I bought my Optimus V I opened a brand new account and haven't had an issue since. (Knock on wood)
    Last edited by MarkD426; 05-31-2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: adding information