Screen will no longer lock?

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

I am having an issue with my phone no longer wanting to lock. I am not talking about a lock app but rather the lock option built into the phone/software.

The only thing that has changed is I had installed Zedge and when I noticed that after that install my phone was no longer locking anymore I deleted it as I want and need my screen to lock. That app is gone and yet no matter how many times I set my screen to lock it doesn't lock. When the screen goes dark I hit the home key and up comes my homescreen,so it is definitely not locked.

Any ideas?

TIA :)

p.s. I am not rooted if that matters

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Did a factory reset which I did not want to have to do,but now the screen locks again.

I still have no idea what caused it to do this.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Doubt its zedge. I've used it on 3 different phones. Maybe try factory resetting again and singling it out. Orrr root :)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
No Tibster it didn't, but I was able to once again lock the screen after I did the factory reset and uninstalled Zedge. So all is good now.

droider78

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the exact same problem after I downloaded zedge too, factory reset was the only thing that fixed the problem...I still have the wallpaper from zedge, just not the problems it caused...:D

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
for future reference (on roms that have changeable lockscreens...froyo not applicable) try changing the style of lockscreen,it may debug whatever got fouled up. then change back to your preferred lock style. on standard froyo a market lockscreen app may actually get things working again without a reset. id try that before factory reset. but if all else fails,then reset is way to go. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs