Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    MiRaGe ROM/jawz101 kernel

Default People mention that Optimus V will get Gingerbread someday butwhere isthis mentioned?

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places but I'd think it'd be on the LG site somewhere

Nothing in those 2 links about the Optimus V being upgraded by VM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM

essentially it's not going to happen. the LG link mentions the Optimus One which doesn't necessarily imply the Optimus V.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM

looks like from LG's forums the more accurate answer is no. The LGP500 is the international version and not supplied in the US
    Android 2.3.4 platform to LG Optimus V ?? - LG Forum

after looking on the LG Open source site the LGP500 source code releases are newer than the LGVM670
    Last edited by jawz101; 05-19-2011 at 06:15 PM.

ROM
    AOSPCmod 7 2.3.3

delete
    Last edited by whyaphoenix; 05-25-2011 at 01:11 AM.
    Banned

My Optimus V is running Gingerbread I guess you did not get the update.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM

yea... look what happened with the intercept and it's update that VM released to it. Blocked ALL the good stuff. If there's an update headed for my optimus, BIG DECLINE!

Question...what would the odds be that VM would disable the hotspot wifi feature on stock phones? Iam considering rooting my Optimus V, I miss the days of tinkering with my OG Droid using CM6

Quote Originally Posted by jawz101 View Post
    looks like from LG's forums the more accurate answer is no. The LGP500 is the international version and not supplied in the US
    Android 2.3.4 platform to LG Optimus V ?? - LG Forum

after looking on the LG Open source site the LGP500 source code releases are newer than the LGVM670
    I trust LG's Global Communications Director to be better informed than one of LG's forum moderators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Hong
    LG is committed to providing a clear upgrade path for owners of its Optimus smartphones. Just as weve confirmed an upgrade to Gingerbread for Optimus One, our expectation is to be able to offer at minimum a one-level upgrade for all Optimus smartphones introduced by LG in 2011 and beyond.
    Here's everything I've found regarding a possible update for the Optimus V:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...tml#post786147