Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default Quadrant Score 1000+

People are claiming to get 1000+ benchmarks, and as high as 1600+ on the Optimus V. Can someone getting these scores tell me what your setup is?

I'm using Xionia 2.6.32.26 kernel, SetCPU clocked at 806MHz, stock ROM, and my score varies between 450-550. Would the ROM have much impact on performance? I don't see how it could get much faster or more basic than stock. I've also read that apps2ext can make a big difference, but I'm holding off on that until I get a larger SD card.

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

Android central posted a video on how to cheat quadrant scores, look it up. They pretty much bump up the I/O (think) and use setcpu to mess with the CPU

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

There's ways to overclocking even higher but it's not stable. Also there's a way to skip some tests in quadrant to get a higher score.
    Google+ Devices: HTC Mogul, Touch, TP, TP2, Samsung Moment & Intercept, Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V & Slider, Nook, Iconia Tab, HTC Sensation
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Yea, I found this:

I tried it out, and got a 1044 score, but no noticeable performance increase.

After reading through that thread, and other threads discussing the fix, I'm convinced that anyone bragging about 1000+ quadrant scores on an Optimus isn't running their phones 2-3 times faster than mine. They're just using mods that specifically cater to benchmark scores. I'll be rolling back to the nandroid backup I made before applying this "fix."

Quadrant scores = pointless...its all on hand experience that matters

Turn on stagefright for an artificial ~1000 increase. Without tricks, the best this phone will pull off is in the 700's.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

i installed the aosp 2.3.3 with my cm7 cpu set to 825 with nothing else modded and i score 1000-1100 everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by church View Post
    i installed the aosp 2.3.3 with my cm7 cpu set to 825 with nothing else modded and i score 1000-1100 everytime.
    And you believe this,because if you are trying to convince anyone here it will not happen.this phone cannot truthfully get these scores it has been discussed in the past.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
    And you believe this,because if you are trying to convince anyone here it will not happen.this phone cannot truthfully get these scores it has been discussed in the past.
    believe it or not, i told you what i did to the phone and the results of the quadrant. im also getting 9.6-10 mflops on linpak

believe it or not, i told you what i did to the phone and the results of the quadrant. im also getting 9.6-10 mflops on linpak
    Okay i guess your V has superior hardware then the rest of us,by the way the world did not end today.and no just like that you are being deceived into thinking the impossible,so no i do not believe your results are truly real,you can post the screen captures all you want, but most thinking members will not believe the results to be truly real.

Turn off stagefright (which is enabled by default in aosp) and watch your Quadrant score plummet: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...agefright.html

You'll notice that your linpak score won''t change.

On aosp I scored 1024 ocd at 825.

Sent from my Virgin Mobile Optimus V running 2.3.4 aosp GINGERBREAD using Tapatalk.
    Android Ninja

ROM
    CM7/ICS

Ok im running Rom: aospCMod-VM670-20110516 and Kernel: 2.6.32.33-Xionia_13. @ 729MHz. Here is my Linpack MFLOPS: 8.817. My quadrant score is 1130
    Nexus S 4G
    Rom: CyanogenMod 7
    Kernel: Matr1x

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

just reflashed my ov with the new aosp 523 build and i can oc to 844 without any fc, before this my ov would fc all the time at 844 and was only stable at 825. this is awesome news.

edit i can oc to the max 864 without any fc's this new build is awesome 10+ mflops allday

It's like magic i can outperform an Atrix or an Incredible by simply putting a custom ROM on a entry level V,and adding a modest overclock,keep dreaming, or thinking no one with common sense would believe this possible.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

It's like magic i can outperform an Atrix or an Incredible by simply putting a custom ROM on a entry level V,and adding a modest overclock,keep dreaming, or thinking no one with common sense would believe this possible.
    hey now dont be mad because your phone cant be oced like us.

hey now dont be mad because your phone cant be oced like us.
    Be mad at what reality and truth and common sense,not in the least,i mean if you honestly believe these benchmarks thats fine,but don't make a fool out of yourself by trying to convince anyone here with half a brain,and yes my phone can do the same thing,but i don't come here to BS no one,

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Be mad at what reality and truth and common sense,not in the least,i mean if you honestly believe these benchmarks thats fine,but don't make a fool out of yourself by trying to convince anyone here with half a brain,and yes my phone can do the same thing,but i don't come here to BS no one,
    dont be mad
    Android Ninja

ROM
    CM7/ICS

Quote Originally Posted by jralabate View Post
    Ok im running Rom: aospCMod-VM670-20110516 and Kernel: 2.6.32.33-Xionia_13. @ 729MHz. Here is my Linpack MFLOPS: 8.817. My quadrant score is 1130
    I know my score are not real how could they oc @ 729? Its a false positive

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Nexus S 4G
    Rom: CyanogenMod 7
    Kernel: Matr1x

Well, I installed aospcm7 and oc'd to 806. I benchmark 1000+ all day, and that's without stagefright. I also get higher performance in games. Then I got to playing around, and mounted the system files to quadrant.
    Quadrant Score 1000+-uploadfromtaptalk1306267674159.jpg

Then I decided to enable stagefright
    Quadrant Score 1000+-uploadfromtaptalk1306267725618.jpg

So yes, cm7 definitely increases performance. I've been told it makes better use of cache files.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bjones72751 View Post
    Well, I installed aospcm7 and oc'd to 806. I benchmark 1000+ all day, and that's without stagefright. I also get higher performance in games. Then I got to playing around, and mounted the system files to quadrant.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1306267674159.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	9917

Then I decided to enable stagefright
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1306267725618.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	9918

So yes, cm7 definitely increases performance. I've been told it makes better use of cache files.

how do you mount the systme files to quadrant?

About halfway down on the link it says how.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

About halfway down on the link it says how.

thx

No problem. Just realize, this is no performance gain. Just tricks and cheats to boost your score. My phone only legit scores about 1000-1100.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

No problem. Just realize, this is no performance gain. Just tricks and cheats to boost your score. My phone only legit scores about 1000-1100.

cool trick i tried disabling stagefright with a .sh file i found but my quadrant scores didnt change. oh well im happy with my 1000+ on a low end phone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast