Noticed when I plug via usb to charge, it start then stops

tony roma

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
If I wiggle the cable were it enters the bottom of the phone slightly it starts to charge, but I have to have in a certain position, I've had the phone 2 months, never dropped it or forcibly shoved the charging part into it. Now I have to pay attention to it or it doesn't charge. Anyone run into this, is this normal ? I'm hoping its the cable, don't have another to try it out with, probably gonna buy the lg vortex drop in charger.:-\

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If I wiggle the cable were it enters the bottom of the phone slightly it starts to charge, but I have to have in a certain position, I've had the phone 2 months, never dropped it or forcibly shoved the charging part into it. Now I have to pay attention to it or it doesn't charge. Anyone run into this, is this normal ? I'm hoping its the cable, don't have another to try it out with, probably gonna buy the lg vortex drop in charger.:-\

The Vortex charger will probably make this problem worse:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-v-accessories/72758-cradles-lg-optimus-v.html#post777211

(see the second bullet point, first post)

xtravbx#CB

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I had this same issue - the only fix was to replace the phone.

I tried numerous charges of different makes/models.

I called customer service, politely demanded a replacement phone, and I had one sent to me in a couple days, w/ a prepaid bag to return the defective unit.