Market "Android Music" runs great!

euroclydon

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So, I've had a few problems with the stock android player on the V being a bit sluggish sometimes, or not reading cover-art when I had changed it etc...so I tried the MIUI music player, which was ok...but oddly low res, and the new google music player, and the doubletwist app... but the apk was kindof big
( i run android barebones).

I did find that on the android market, there is the stock android player from 2.3 available to download for everyone.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jrtstudio.music&feature=search_result

it's VERY fast, and reads all the changed cover art.

Anyone have any experience with other music players?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's better under the hood than any other player, but I like the "cubed" player. I like the large widget, and the various themes and view modes are just the kind of eye candy I like. At the press of a button, it will grab cover art for you, and you can choose to use the art contained within the id3 tags, or have it download higher resolution images for you. It has a decent lockscreen, but graphically it is very plain for an app with a 3d gui, pretty much my only complaint.

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.abrantix.rockon.rockonnggl&feature=search_result

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I like the new music player too, but fast? Transitions are pretty slow with clicking around albums. Still waiting to be accepted into Google's Beta...

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
google officially released a new music player to replace the stock one.

it has a new interface thats similar to the Gallery app, in the way that album art is used and blurred to become the background, and changes when you switch views.

its really nice, and quick.

the one you posted is just a port of the stock player. google already updated and replaced that. just search the market for "music"

also, the MIUI player is very nice on my overclocked V. no lag, nice interface, rendered correctly too