Visit site
Still trying to escape boot loop.

/sbin/sh: flash_eraseall: not found

Why am I getting this message when trying to execute:

adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8

sgtsc0rpi0n

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
my biggest problem I'm in is the only screen i can get to is ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0. I can't even get to the lg recovery screen. In fact I've never even seen it. I was messing with a custom ROM and Factory Reset through Settings>Privacy :/

I have tried wiping everything and restarting from back-up,

I've tried:

adb shell strings /dev/mtd/mtd8
I get "FACT_RESET_3"

adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8
I get "/sbin/sh: flash_eraseall: not found"

I'm running out of ideas :(

gater

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Right...same here. I did the factory reset through my recovery. There is no LG Recovery Screen. Just follow the steps for fastboot.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Download a custom ROM file to your computer, I like aospCM7 for all the gingerbread goodies.
aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip

You'll need gapps to get the market working too, so download it as well
gapps

Once in recovery do the following:

Connect your phone via usb, and push the custom ROM of your choosing onto your sdcard:
adb push c:/....PATH_TO_ROM_ZIP_FILE/NAME_OF_ROM_ZIP_FILE /sdcard/NAME_OF_ROM_ZIP_FILE
adb push c:/....PATH_TO_GAPPS_ZIP_FILE/NAME_OF_GAPPS_FILE /sdcard/NAME_OF_GAPPS_FILE

note: there is a space before /sdcard

Then in recovery:
1) wipe cache
2) under advanced, wipe dalvik cache
3) under mounts, format boot, cache, data, and system
4) select install zip from sdcard, then choose the ROM zip file you pushed via adb. Note-do not choose install update zip
5) select install zip from sdcard again, this time choose the gapps zip file you pushed via adb. Note-do not choose install update zip
5) back into the main menu of recovery, choose reboot system now

It will take along time for your phone to reboot since it has to rebuild everything, once you get to click on the android to setup your phone, choose to setup your account later, since you don't have a physical keyboard to use at this point, just set up your google account later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer