lg optimus V stuck on sprint logo :/

sgtsc0rpi0n

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
It has been a long day :/

Okay so finally got my LG Optimus V out of recovery loop after Factory Reset in Settings>Privacy on a custom firmware. I followed "[How-To] Unroot your phone and return to stock" to the T and I think that's where I went wrong. The thread was brilliant, don't get me wrong, but I made the error of putting an Optimus S ROM onto my phone and now it just loads up to the Sprint logo and freezes.

Things I have attempted:

1. Powering up into recovery mode while holding HOME+VOLUME DOWN+POWER
2. Uninstalling/reinstalling LG drivers (attempt at adb communications)

Anyone have a solution to my predicament?

P.S. Using recovery-thunderc-v-1.2.0-GNM as custom recovery (don't know if that's relavent?)

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Thank you.

Edit*
To be honest with you I'm not sure if it was flash_image I used or the nand backup that caused it to boot on sprint. I'm new to the scene as of this morning so it's a lot to take in.

Last edited:

sgtsc0rpi0n

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I cannot get into recovery and use it. When I first start the phone it starts thunderc and says formatting android system... don't pull battery!!! formatting data, cache, factory reset, booting... is there anyway i can stop it from booting automatically?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Use this put put a good recovery on your phone.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...42-guide-how-install-custom-recovery-rom.html

Once there install a good rom.

Your recovery is borked and so is your rom. A S rom should at least try and boot.
If you can get the recovery on there, you are likely okay.

What worries me is why is your recovery borked as well as your rom. Trashing both doesn't just happen unless you did something or the phone has died.

sgtsc0rpi0n

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
okay so i finally got adb communications by reinstalling the driver but i'm getting this error when i try and adb shell or use superoneclick...

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

my guess is because i don't have debugging enabled?

i do not have a way to get into phone to turn it on either because i'm still stuck on sprint logo

Ziion

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
okay so i finally got adb communications by reinstalling the driver but i'm getting this error when i try and adb shell or use superoneclick...

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

my guess is because i don't have debugging enabled?

i do not have a way to get into phone to turn it on either because i'm still stuck on sprint logo

Same problem, any help anyone?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you verified ADB being properly established in you system path (with phone pluged in) by typing in "adb devices" after getting to the root of the C drive with a command prompt?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith