Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default From LG: Upcoming LGVM670ZV5 software update?

I contacted LG last week about two complaints with my new Optimus V. First was that it has a horrible bug syncing with Exchange where after a day or so it will no longer sync and you have to add/remove the account in order to get it working again. The second complaint was the "hidden word" tip which continuously popped up with Swype.

Their response:

Dear <Me>,

Thank you for your email. There is an update for your phone is havenít contacted your carrier please do so in regards to the update. The latest software version is LGVM670ZV5. To check the version of software you have you select Settings, About Phone and SW Version will tell you.

<Omitted Name in case they shouldn't have let us know this yet>
    E-Mail Administrator
    Customer Interactive Center
    LGEAI

I don't know about you guys, but I've got V4_60401001, not V5.
    Now, to call VM and see whats up.

We've known about that possible update for months now. No one can get it to work. It is on the LG website and their auto update, but it would not update.

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 2, Mango

Yeah, it just told me there was an update in my auto-update under phone info. on the stock rom, but it would not install correctly. weird...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by sportsinger75 View Post
    Yeah, it just told me there was an update in my auto-update under phone info. on the stock rom, but it would not install correctly. weird...
    Are you talking about the "SW Update" menu under "About Phone"?
    That'd be interesting - I didn't see any available updates OTA. Now you're going to have me trying a few times a day. Maybe enough flood-pinging of LG/VM's update servers will entice them to get us that promised Gingerbread update

ROM
    c

I don't know about you guys, but I've got V4_60401001, not V5.
    Now, to call VM and see whats up.[/QUOTE]

im with u, i noticed riht away it said v5. i have v4 60401001 also. any time i check for a sw update it says i have the current version.
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Default Re: From LG: Upcoming LGVM670ZV5 software update?

V5 is a radio update, and whoever made it, did a horrible job.

At least LG are saying there is one now. Before they couldn't even tell us what it was or if it existed. Someday we may actually manage to use it.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    V5 is a radio update, and whoever made it, did a horrible job.

At least LG are saying there is one now... Someday we may actually manage to use it.
    I guess that's some kind of progress.Now if a few people at VM learn of it's existence we might get somewhere. I think it's pretty amaizing that someone somewhere at LG decided the softwre needed an update, someone actually wrote the code, someone posted it on the LG Website-- and --according to a consensus of LG Tech support people who have heard of it-- someone at VM decided to disable the ability to upgrade though USB-- which means someone had to write the code for that.

Last time I checked with VM tech support, no one knew anything about the update or any VM decision to remove ability for users to update if there was an update.

According to LG, the user needs to bring the phone to a Sprint/VM Corporate store.
    Neither Corporate Store in my area ever heard anything about this.

Somebody needs to get all these people together and maybe give them all smart phones and show them how to set up a Facebook Page or a Twitter account so they can all talk with each other.
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by rwinvt View Post
    Somebody needs to get all these people together and maybe give them all smart phones and show them how to set up a Facebook Page or a Twitter account so they can all talk with each other.
    A baseball bat to the kneecaps is much more effective.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.