Swype 3 Beta Force Closing?

slyr114

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the factory swype backed up just in case, so i installed the newest swype beta, which worked great until a reboot and now when i turned the phone on and every couple seconds it would say it force quit until i disabled it... is there any reason the swype beta would not be working?
btw running an Optimus V with Harmonia 1.3

btw while on the subject, in terms of alternative keyboards which is the best to use, idc if its swype or normal i just want the most efficient and responsive.,...

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the factory swype backed up just in case, so i installed the newest swype beta, which worked great until a reboot and now when i turned the phone on and every couple seconds it would say it force quit until i disabled it... is there any reason the swype beta would not be working?
btw running an Optimus V with Harmonia 1.3

btw while on the subject, in terms of alternative keyboards which is the best to use, idc if its swype or normal i just want the most efficient and responsive.,...

If u overclock at all u run a very good chance of having FCs alot with the beta Swype.

I like and use Better Keyboard 8 with the Tron skin. I really like it and I use it on all the ROMs I install.

SagaciousB

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Re-install

I had the same thing happen after my first install and a subsequent reboot on the stock VM Rom. I just uninstalled the beta and then immediately re-installed it. It has been working fine since, even after more reboots.

I'm guessing that the original version didn't uninstall something or clear cache like it was supposed to. The second uninstall with the beta must take care of that and is then good to go. Kind of a pain, but its better than that awful "Hidden Word" popup tip every time I type "hey".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1