moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Just a random question, is there a I way to get rid of scuff marks on the screen. I have been rather clumsy this last month and decided to decorate my phone with a couple.:p I am assuming that there is not but does not hurt to ask. Thanks.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Not really, the only way to "remove" scratches would be to buff them out, which would more then likely damage the screen. Get a screen protector, it's cheap and easy.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
screen protector will save your phone. i used mine for months without it and bought one as "insurance" it already saved me from a massive fall. just removed the protector and put an extra on.

ebay, pack of 5 protectors for under 5 bucks.

as for what you can do NOW. id say clean the screen with alcohol and make sure there is nothing on it, and assess the damage. the screen is a fairly scratch resistant plastic so you must have taken sandpaper to it to be scuffed noticibly.

id try some plastic polish and a very fine cloth. small swirls, never the same pattern twice or youll leave swirl marks instead of a scuff.

once you buff it out (itll be never perfect, just usable) then you can put a protector over it to prevent it from getting worse in the future

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Use the ZAAG invisible shield. Military grade, lifetime warranty worth the money. Cheap screen protectors screw up your touch screen and degrade the picture.

zires

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I had a small scuff mark and a few scratches on my screen cleaned the screen as best as I could and put on a screen protector. They are gone. Ebay is a great source for screen protectors. Just bought a 3 pack for $1.50. Check youtube for installation tricks easiest is using Scotch tape to lift and reapply and for dust removal before reapplying.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
They sell bad esn phones on ebay for pretty cheap. You could get one and swap out the screen. We have the exact same motherboard as the Optimus S labeled LS670. So the Optimus S screen should probably work too if you swap the motherboard.

I bought a few at $20, but they normally go for $30-50. You gotta get lucky with the auctions. They are good for spare parts/gps/home voip/wireless camera/wireless internet/...etc. They can also be flashed for use with Cricket Mobile.

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to see any repair parts for the OV other than the charging port and LCD. The whole front half of the body is actually the digitizer (capacitive touch screen).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech