Another possible android on the way?

blaqbird

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
We may get an Optimus Black

http://thedroidguy.com/2011/07/lg-optimus-black-headed-to-sprint-virgin-us-cellular-alltel/

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
This is very good news, and I figured there's be more close down the pike.

When the Intercept was announced, I thought it was amazing that Android had come to VM, but I decided to see what was next, and the Optimus V came (and turned out to be a better phone for less money). So when the Triumph was announced, I thought, "cool, but let's see what's next".

Definitely gonna sit back with my Optimus V and watch the show over the next year or so to see what VM ends up getting in their lineup. And hope and pray the $25 plan sticks around.

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Another link :D
LG Optimus Black making its way to Sprint, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, and Virgin Mobile? | PhoneDog
Seems that the phone is 'definitely' going to be coming out :D
"Besides U.S. Cellular, it also appears that the Optimus Black is headed to Sprint, Alltel, and Virgin Mobile at some point. As previously mentioned, the Optimus Black for U.S. Cellular carries the model number "US855." Several other LG versions of the 855 recently appeared in the FCC, although these products are known as the LS855 (Sprint), AS855 (Alltel), and VM855 (Virgin Mobile). "

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
If the Triumph is debuting at $299, what do you think this one will debut at?
I can't imagine any prepaid phone topping $299. Maybe the Triumph will drop to $249 at some point and then the Optimus Black will come in at $299?

DF3

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited about this. Looks like I will be holding onto my Optimus V for a lot longer than I had planned.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I would expect 4 to 6 months before we see the Black (which stinks and strange that it's taking so long).

Early reports are that while it looks good (in my opinion as well), it's expected to be a bit more fragile due to design and had it been released a couple months ago, it would be stellar, but by the time it's released it won't be anything great.

Personally, I would prefer this over the Huawei. I know some will disagree, but pass over the Motorola name (not that great in phones these days anyhow), and the processor, and the Black is a better way to go. We know LG, we know how they operate and we know their phones (this will also have a larger battery). Give me Harmonia or Bumblebee on a Black and you have an awesome phone.

If I get one (most likely as I'm just not sold on the Huawei) and we can root it (most likely), there will be a Harmonia style rom for it as well. I'm sure either Obijohn or myself will get one or someone else will take up the cause.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't like this phone because, like the Triumph, it makes me insecure about my devotion to the Optimus V.....Ooops. I typed my inside voice!

The Optimus Black is obviously an inferior phone to the V. Anyone that buys it is a sucker :)

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully its rootable. A 1ghz cpu shouldnt chug on froyo unless its being overloaded by bloatware, and VM is strictly well... all about virgin, untainted android.
I've been thinking about something lately. One night I was messing with my phone there was an update to an app so I installed it. But I did something to interrupt the download and it messed up and the app was gone for the most part. Why am I saying this? I know that to install a new app that it gets rid of enough the old app that you can use the pm uninstall command in adb. Without root permissions. Getting to the bottom of this would be a good way to remove apps that you don't want. So if there isn't root on this or the motorola triumph we could still get rid of some of the bloat

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
My thing on it is yea its way better than the motorola triumph but im getting tired of LG phones they get on my nerves i have the motorola backflip thats the best phone i ever had battery life better and everything my optimus is always overheating unlike the backflip the optimus will overheat and not charge via usb but the backflip will charge on it i just cant wait til the 19 for the Triumph good bye LG

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
My thing on it is yea its way better than the motorola triumph but im getting tired of LG phones they get on my nerves i have the motorola backflip thats the best phone i ever had battery life better and everything my optimus is always overheating unlike the backflip the optimus will overheat and not charge via usb but the backflip will charge on it i just cant wait til the 19 for the Triumph good bye LG

Good Lord that was hard to follow! But to help with the battery problems I would try a diffrent ROM, AOSP is a good ROM but not in the battery department. And far as over heating if your phone is doing that odds are you have the clock setting too high!

If you think battery life is bad on the V what makes you think the Triumph is going to be better? It only has a 1400 for a bigger phone and a more power hungry processor.

Don't be suckered in by hardware stats alone, the intercept from a hardware standpoint sounds like it would be the better phone but we all know that it is not true.

Reactions: Eollie

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois