cifs.ko for stock VM Optimus V

grehe

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Where can I find cifs.ko for stock VM Optimus V? Been googling all day with no luck. I need it for cifsmanager so I can mount window shares.

Thanks.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
That file doesn't exist for the stock OV, cifs support has to be added to the kernel or use an app.

"Astro File Manager" has the "Astro SMB Module" which works well (needs both parts to work).
I've also used "Samba Filesharing" with good results.

Check the Marketplace for the quoted apps.

grehe

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I need to mount windows so I could stream pictures and videos without downloading them. Is it possible to change the kernel without loosing all my data, settings?

Thanks.

caustin1973

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to root the LG Optimus V correctly? I followed the instructions on this forum to the letter, downloaded and installed the JDK and SDK where they needed to be. SuperOneClick Temp rooted my phone like it should have with no problem. But when I got to the CMD line is where the problem started. I first typed in cd c:/ the location of the SDK. And that worked. Then on the next line you're supposed to type adb shell and hit enter, like the instructions say. But when I do that, it says 'adb' insturction or something like that can't be found. Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL