Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dobbs69
  • 1 Post By Deucalion29710
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Recovery?

I rooted my Reverb and now would like to install a recovery so I can do a Nand backup before making any additional changes.

Can anyone provide guidance on installing a custom recovery?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Reverb.

ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

Default Re: Recovery?

here is a link to Phandroid where some people got CWM6 working:
    http://androidforums.com/reverb-all-...y-support.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bkttk2 View Post
    I rooted my Reverb and now would like to install a recovery so I can do a Nand backup before making any additional changes.

Can anyone provide guidance on installing a custom recovery?

Thanks in advance for your help.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

Update: I was finally able to install the recovery. For my Reverb I had to use vol down button + power button + home button to get into download mode.

Once I figured this out and was able to get into download mode, the process identified be the following link worked with no issues.

[OUDHS] Soft Brick and CWM recovery support

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

If you've made your backup with this recovery and successfully tested it,could you do a tutorial on all the steps? I need to do this, too!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by learning2 View Post
    If you've made your backup with this recovery and successfully tested it,could you do a tutorial on all the steps? I need to do this, too!
    I will try to post info soon. Might be a day or 2 do to my schedule.

Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock

As requested here is a quick tutorial to hopefully assist those wanting to root and install custom ROM.

**** DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK / RUIN YOUR PHONE IN ANY WAY.
    BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED ****

This tutorial provides additional info for the root and custom recovery for the Samsung Galaxy Reverb.

Thanks to the following:

xInterlopeRx
    Shabbypenguin
    playfulgod
    superboy44
    speny333

This is not my work I am only commenting on things that assisted me with rooting my Reverb and installing a custom recovery.

Root

For rooting see the following on Android forums: Root the Reverb (no PC Required)

The root process is pretty straight forward. Look through the postings for comments and links for the files on how to complete the task.

Recovery
    The original posting for installing CWM recovery on to the reverb, by xInterlopeRx, can be found at the following link:

[OUDHS] Soft Brick and CWM recovery support

First you will need to download the following to your PC.

1. Download Stock Kernel
    2. Download Stock Recovery
    3. Download the Windows Samsung drivers
    4. Download Odin 3.04
    5. Download Reverb Clockworkmod Recovery

Links to these files are located in first posting of original thread: [OUDHS] Soft Brick and CWM recovery support

A video tutorial for applying the recovery was done by superboy4444 and can be viewed at the following: Reverb recovery video tutorial

When using Odin you will need to boot your phone to download mode.

Download mode: (make sure Odin is open and your phone is turned off) press volume down + home +power. View the recovery video to observe the steps to take.

NOTE: Not sure why but some phones (Galaxy Reverb) are able to access download mode by only using volume down + power. I had to use the volume down+power+home key

I had some problems trying to access download mode in order to install CWM using ODIN.

I thought I would pass along some tips that I learned that may make things easier for others.

Assuming your phone is already rooted. Open up terminal app. If you do not have terminal app download from play store.

1. Open terminal
    2. Type 'su' (no quotes) - then press enter (choose yes (grant) at superuser prompt)
    3. Type 'reboot download' (no quotes) - then press enter. Phone will boot into download mode. You can then follow guide to install root by xInterlopeRx - [OUDHS] Soft Brick and CWM recovery support

The above terminal steps can also be used to reboot into recovery, if needed, by typing 'reboot recovery' (no quotes)

Hope this information helps.

bkttk2, good call on that note.
    when I first tryed getting into the download mode, I did the Volume down + power + home. waited almost a minute nothing happened. so then tryed the volume down + power, still nothing.
    so tryed just power only just to turn phone on nothing. phone was locked up, I pulled the battery.
    This time I did just volume down and power, went right into download mode.
    so yes there are some phones that are going to be differant.
    Good luck and Happy Recovery.

Thanks again, to all the guys metioned above for an Excellent job well done.
    Thanked by:
    bkttk2 

Has anybody been successful in finding ROMs for this phone? I mean why would you need to root it and flash a recovery to it if functional ROMs are so hard to find.

ROM
    cm7

You have to take into consideration that this is a new phone . You have too start by rooting then recovery and just now folks are starting too work on roms. Patience is a virtue!lol

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
    Deucalion29710 likes this.

I just ordered mine. Hopefully a good developer will look at compiling a 4.2 build for it.
    Beezy_78 likes this.

ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

stock rom plus:
    http://androidforums.com/reverb-all-...ml#post5333546
    Quote Originally Posted by Deucalion29710 View Post
    Has anybody been successful in finding ROMs for this phone? I mean why would you need to root it and flash a recovery to it if functional ROMs are so hard to find.