- 32 Posts
Mass storage device?
So ICS changed its USB options to be MTP or camera while connected rather than the device simply showing as a mass storage device. The problem with the device showing as a MTP is that you cannot view all of your files on your PC file manager. Also there is really no drag and drop function. Does anybody know how to make this phone show as a storage device rather than a media device? I use Ubuntu 12.10 GNOME Remix and the methods mentioned in their forums has been unsuccessful. I guess the real question is - "Is there an app for that?" Moreover, is there a non-root app for that? Bricking this device is not an option for me right now.
- 02-04-2013, 04:53 PM #2
- 40 Posts
Re: Mass storage device?
Well, there's a set of drivers for PC's on the Samsung website, but I have no clue for Linux.
What files are you trying to get at? The system files are the only ones that should require root access.
Would a third-party app (such as dropbox) work to get your files from one place to another?
- By mstr_pixel in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 6Last Post: 03-24-2013, 03:28 PM
- By k000 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 10Last Post: 06-01-2012, 09:34 PM
- By namyawon in forum T-Mobile VibrantReplies: 14Last Post: 09-18-2010, 10:27 PM
- By tnfan in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 5Last Post: 08-25-2010, 06:51 PM
- By mojonation1487 in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 5Last Post: 08-22-2010, 01:55 AM