Galaxy Reverb: Working WiFi Tether after 4.1.2 and root

Deucalion29710

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
After much trial and error since the 4.1.2 update broke FoxFi I finally got WiFi Tethering to work. I'm not saying that this is an absolute solution. I'm just saying this is what worked for me. First and foremost I rooted the phone using the guide found over on androidforums in the "All things root" thread. After that I installed 2 apps. First I installed 1-Click Tether from Play Store (free version), then I installed Wireless Tether 2.0.8-pre1 (Wireless Tether for root users). I fired up 1-Click Tether and then it stated that it needed to turn off Sprint Hotspot to continue. I clicked OK. It also had some nag screen about buying the pro version I tapped "stay insecure". Then I opened the Wireless Tether for root users app. I went into settings/change channel and changed it to channel 11. I got back out of settings then clicked "tap to tether" and then granted it superuser with SuperSU. Now I'm online on my Linux machine using WiFi Tethering to connect. I also verified that my smart tv and ps3 would connect. Everything works now although tricky because the network name changes. It actually names the WiFi the default names from 1-Click ("1 Click Tether Android Hotspot" and "DIY Phone Gadgets Community"). It wasn't able to see or connect to the hotspot until I installed the second app. It seems like one app enables it while the other actually pushes the hotspot signal??? I hope that this information can help those who need their phone to connect as I did. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12