27 new Gear VR games and apps ready to download

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
How do you install these games since they are third party?

- in Security settings, check "Unknown sources".
- download the app (or locate it in your download folder).
- open the downloaded file (it ends with a file extension of .apk).
- if it asks which app you want to use to open it with (Package Installer or App Details), choose either one. They both do it.
- that's it.

If you want, you can disable the Security settings "Unknown sources" until next time you need to install something outside of Google Play.

Attachments

• 1437308310057.jpg
    1437308310057.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 1437308545385.jpg
    1437308545385.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 40

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for that. I've done that but I don't see any of them in my library. How do I go about accessing them?

Posted via the Android Central App

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
After install you should have an app icon on your screen or in your app drawer where all of your other Android apps are.

Click on that and it should tell you to put your device into the Gear VR. If it doesn't and the app starts playing right away instead then it's not a native Gear VR app but rather a Google Cardboard app.

If that's the case then put your phone into the Gear VR but don't plug it into the micro usb port as this will trigger Gear VR to launch, stopping the app you wish to play. Carefully pull back the micro usb connector so that your phone does not use it.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
After install you should have an app icon on your screen or in your app drawer where all of your other Android apps are.

Click on that and it should tell you to put your device into the Gear VR. If it doesn't and the app starts playing right away instead then it's not a native Gear VR app but rather a Google Cardboard app.

If that's the case then put your phone into the Gear VR but don't plug it into the micro usb port as this will trigger Gear VR to launch, stopping the app you wish to play. Carefully pull back the micro usb connector so that your phone does not use it.

Ah okay/ Thank you. I thought the apps would be in "Library" I didn't think I had to open the app then put it into the VR.

These 'previews' that are in the VR like the "catatonic" in the VRSE that say they are coming soon...are these going to be full fledge videos or example, the Jurrasic World or Avengers...Will they make those longer or with a different experience?

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ah okay/ Thank you. I thought the apps would be in "Library" I didn't think I had to open the app then put it into the VR.

I think only the VR apps that get installed from the Gear VR store are the ones that show up in the Library.

These 'previews' that are in the VR like the "catatonic" in the VRSE that say they are coming soon...are these going to be full fledge videos or example, the Jurrasic World or Avengers...Will they make those longer or with a different experience?

I don't know.