Highly recommend Dreadhalls and other horror

Jason Keller

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok, 2nd day with the Gear vr. Love it.

This is my first vr experience. I'm a pretty brave person and can deal with any horror movie but experiencing horror in vr is beyond anything I ever could imagine.

Watched the short video "Catatonic". Look it up, but don't watch it on YouTube and ruin the surprises. The feeling of being there is indescribable.

Just now tried playing Dreadhalls, had to stop. Don't let the rudimentary graphics steer you away. The scale of the dungeon halls, sounds, and lighting are so atmospheric. Not going to spoil any of the creatures, but several are horrifying. Turning a corner and seeing something as big as a truck walk by....terrifying. If that were a regular game, probably wouldn't even pause. But feeling like you're standing next to it and getting a true sense of its size is humbling to say the least. Normal horror tropes like banging doors, whispering, ghosts with their backs to you, etc are no joke here.

I'm sure this isn't a very good post, so forgive me. Wanted to jump on here and say that anyone on the fence shouldn't hesitate to buy.

Thankfully my kind wife did not record my moans, jerks, and girly scream as I played.

Posted via the Android Central App

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, 2nd day with the Gear vr. Love it.

This is my first vr experience. I'm a pretty brave person and can deal with any horror movie but experiencing horror in vr is beyond anything I ever could imagine.

Watched the short video "Catatonic". Look it up, but don't watch it on YouTube and ruin the surprises. The feeling of being there is indescribable.

Just now tried playing Dreadhalls, had to stop. Don't let the rudimentary graphics steer you away. The scale of the dungeon halls, sounds, and lighting are so atmospheric. Not going to spoil any of the creatures, but several are horrifying. Turning a corner and seeing something as big as a truck walk by....terrifying. If that were a regular game, probably wouldn't even pause. But feeling like you're standing next to it and getting a true sense of its size is humbling to say the least. Normal horror tropes like banging doors, whispering, ghosts with their backs to you, etc are no joke here.

I'm sure this isn't a very good post, so forgive me. Wanted to jump on here and say that anyone on the fence shouldn't hesitate to buy.

Thankfully my kind wife did not record my moans, jerks, and girly scream as I played.

Posted via the Android Central App

That's pretty funny! I agree, VR takes the horror game experience to a whole other level of immersion. You feel like you are there.

In the post, I've jumped and been a little freaked out while playing a 3D horror game on a flat 2D screen in the middle of the night in a very dark house. But, put yourself INSIDE the game, in VR...whoa!

Needless to say, I've not finished Dreadhalls yet.

Watch this video about Dreadhalls game play in VR. And jump to the 9:16 mark to see this guy freakout. It's hilarious.
https://youtu.be/7TZbaEulsCg