Experience using Google Cardboard with Oneplus X?

Daka256xr

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I'm planning to buy a smartphone which can be used with VR glasses. I liked OnePlus X' (Oneplus X E1001 LTE) specifications and I'd like to hear some feedback if you have tried it with VR apps and movies and how well does it run, is there lag with the gyroscope when you turn your head around, or everything works smooth?

AlexKrunch

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
One plus One 64 Go owner here. I really LOVE my phone, especially for his price and his gorgeous specification, and his incredible battery life. Being a dev in VR and also a google cardboard owner, the gyroscope in pretty smooth, but I will have to make a choice for VR I would definitively took a Samsung Phone. For the same specs, they slightly offer a better VR experience, may be due to their Linux Kernel optimization, or just a better OS optimization. I also noticed lag with my bluetooth controller on the One Plus One and these lag doesn't appear on my wife Samsung S5.

My conclusion is to better buy a Samsung phone, with which you will have the GearVR compatibility. Or, if you got a good budget, waiting for the Snapdragon 820 CPU (available on the Samsung Galaxy S7), build to run with Android N and the Vulkan VR friendly 3D API.

Sources:
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 with S820 chip drops by Geekbench - Android Community
https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-android

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae