How to use BT remote with VR Box 2?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm an oldtime Android user, but a newbie at the VR stuff. I just received a VR Box 2 and remote from China, but it's the same as this one (and it's cheaper) at Amazon: Amazon.com: Tizzy-BAC VR Box 2nd Gen Virtual Augmented Reality Cardboard 3D Video Glasses: Cell Phones & Accessories

It came with the BT remote pictured there and here, but I can't figure out how to get it to work from the Chinese/American instructions. I got it paired with my phone, but could someone please provide a link or give me some laymen's instructions on how to use it?

Attachments

• VR Box 2 remote.jpg
    VR Box 2 remote.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 55

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
It came with the BT remote pictured there and here, but I can't figure out how to get it to work from the Chinese/American instructions. I got it paired with my phone, but could someone please provide a link or give me some laymen's instructions on how to use it?

I guess it depends on what you're doing. I've found gamepads are hit or miss. Are you trying to find VR apps that require a remote?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess it depends on what you're doing. I've found gamepads are hit or miss. Are you trying to find VR apps that require a remote?

Well, I'm obviously just getting started. I've only installed the Cardboard app so far, but I can't figure out how to scroll to an icon in that app or how to click on it. If I start the Cardboard Demos app with my finger, I can move my head around to get to the GET NEW APPS or other app buttons, but can't figure out how to click on them with the remote.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm obviously just getting started. I've only installed the Cardboard app so far, but I can't figure out how to scroll to an icon in that app or how to click on it. If I start the Cardboard Demos app with my finger, I can move my head around to get to the GET NEW APPS or other app buttons, but can't figure out how to click on them with the remote.

I've found that there's a bead in the middle of the screen. If I look at it, I can then use the 'trigger' (depends on which button you have set up to be the trigger) you can select that way? I have a similar headset and didn't have a controller set up until yesterday, actually. We don't have the same controller, but I haven't needed a controller too much.

That being said, I can't start things like the rollercoaster or a youtube video in the headset. I've found that a lot of apps require navigation for a while before you actually put your phone into the headset.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I figured it out for the simple demos anyway. I had put it in Game Mode, but when I switched it to Mouse Mode, I can scroll around with the rocker and button A works to click/select. For now at least, that's all I need.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the mocute gamepad like your but black I can get it to see the device but pairing it never happens. I have been able to pair it with other mobile devices. I am running samsung s6 edge plus.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aukillua

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I'm having a hard time with mine also. I bought the same VR box as you do,but it didn't have any remote/controller.
Were you ask to buy a controller or is it include in the vr box?

I look around any other shop but this vr box doesn't have any controller. If so,could you recommend any other controller to be bought? I heard some Bluetooth controller but which one is the best? :/

Thx before. :)

I'm an oldtime Android user, but a newbie at the VR stuff. I just received a VR Box 2 and remote from China, but it's the same as this one (and it's cheaper) at Amazon: Amazon.com: Tizzy-BAC VR Box 2nd Gen Virtual Augmented Reality Cardboard 3D Video Glasses: Cell Phones & Accessories

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I'm having a hard time with mine also. I bought the same VR box as you do,but it didn't have any remote/controller.
Were you ask to buy a controller or is it include in the vr box?

I look around any other shop but this vr box doesn't have any controller. If so,could you recommend any other controller to be bought? I heard some Bluetooth controller but which one is the best? :/

Thx before. :)

Mine was included in a separate box with the VR headset. I specifically bought that one because it included the remote. Sorry, I don't know if it's available by itself or not.

RK manjotra

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Bt remote has function key is "@" and mode "a" "b" "c" 'd".
normaly is hold "@" and then click "c" or any else button b,a,d etc.

but all is done while bt is paired correctly with android phone. if in android phone bluetooth remote's name shows with digitaly or some type of ip address, it means the bluetooth remote has not been paired yet.
i have 3-4 mobiles of micromax but with micromax Yuphoria a5010 , the vr box's bluetooth remote is perfectly paired. so dont bother again and again . it is time waste if in android , the blue tooth is not showing its name in alfabetically (ie. VR BOX , 'VR Bt RC" or Bt, VR etc.

@ + c is used for normally vr game with shooting facility with remote. if dimention is set with (Gyroscope sensor in mobile) then direction button will not work.