VRidge - You can play PC VR games inside Cardboard (or other mobile headset)

Firnus

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm a CEO of RiftCat - a startup that creates VRidge technology. It allows you to play PC VR games inside Google Cardboard.

https://riftcat.com

I think that our technology will be very interesting for people here :) There is many games playable through VRidge: Elite Dangerous, Euro Truck Simulator, War Thunder and many more: https://support.riftcat.com/hc/en-us/articles/207979295-Does-VRidge-support-game-X-

I'll gladly answer all your questions about the software, our company or our future plans :) We are working hard each day to make VRidge better (our dev blog as proof: RiftCat ).

Last edited:

unit_shifter

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a question (months later), what is the minimum phone specs (other than android 5.0 listed on your site) and how much of a difference does different levels of cpu, memory, and display requirements affect it? (maybe i'm willing to view lower res 720p or even 480p just to keep down latency) You had a short list of supported phones on your website that were tested, and said you cant test 12,000 different phone models but you should be able to narrow down classes of hardware and what kind of user experience you might get.

For instance i'd actually like to use something like this in an art installation at college, but most users visiting wont have a high power phone. Better a 480p laggy experience than no experience. We can set up high spec computers in the graphics lab to render and output wifi but cant control the phones people bring to the exhibit. It also makes it unlikely to damage any expensive hardware since we arent handing out $800 Oculus experiences but just Google Cardboard.

Hope this isn't too bad of thread necromancy but I figured it should be a public question. You have what I think is a really neat softwares yet nobody here seems to have even talked about it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith