VR headsets don't work, why?

GeorgeOglee

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I work in a second hand technology store and for a long time we've had a bunch of these cheap VR phone headsets come in and I've always wanted to try one out. Now I'm not expecting miracles, but from what I've heard from reviews and general talk people still feel largely impressed with some of the tech demos these things can do so I feel like I'm doing something wrong?

The image I get is very "square" and the two sides of the vr image never overlap to make one perfect picture it's still two images, I'm no expert but if I'm not getting one clear picture, it can't exactly be working. I've tried messing with the focus and other controls on multiple headsets and even the QR codes to configure them but nope, nothing, still awful.

I use a Huawei P9, so it's not exactly my phone either, if anything it's one of the more perfect devices for this kind of thing. I don't wear glasses and don't have any history of eye problems.

I haven't seen anyone anywhere posting about or having this kind of issue so I'm so stumped. Any help?!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried Google Cardboard? When you set it up with your phone, you have to scan the QR code on the Cardboard, which tells your Cardboard app which size viewer you're using, and therefore sets up the images appropriately. The phone should be inserted such that the middle of the phone (i.e., the dividing line between the two images) corresponds to the center line of the Cardboard.

I'm not sure if the cheap VR sets that you're trying have this kind of setup procedure -- if they don't, they might not be setting up the images correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith