HTC Vivid Simple Root?
I recently got the HTC Vivid 4G 4.0.3 and I want to root it really badly but it is my first android phone so I have no idea what anything is all I know is that I was It to run Jelly Bean. Please explain it in the simplest way possible,thanks.
- 12-07-2012, 07:35 PM #2
Re: HTC Vivid Simple Root?
The vivid does not have a stable release of jellybean. Everything is based off cm10 which for the vivid is not ready to really be used everyday. However if you visit the xda developers website they have a great rundown of how to unlock your bootloader install a custom recovery which allows roms to be installed and then root your device. If one of the main reasons you want jellybean is for Google now there is a mod that allows it to run on ics on our vivids I have it installed and it is very cool. :-)
That is the root guide
That is for Google now
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
- By kelnhofer in forum Vivid Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 32Last Post: 02-22-2013, 02:45 PM
- By kelnhofer in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 27Last Post: 02-16-2012, 01:04 PM
- By fry8 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 42Last Post: 06-30-2010, 12:31 PM
- By dancingcrab in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 02-25-2010, 04:05 PM
- By blair5546 in forum HTC Droid Eris Rooting, ROMs, and HackingReplies: 5Last Post: 02-01-2010, 10:40 PM