Requesting assist on a root/custom rom/S-On recovery.

STRYKE N7NJA

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Android Version 2.3.7
HTC Sense 3.5
Software HoliRaider_Final
Kernel 2.6.35.14-holiCakes_030612
With S-On

Basically, I've been researching this for weeks but still no answer. I'm trying to flash other custom roms like the Holiday Miui but I guess the specs I listed above won't allow a flashing for the rom. I've been trying to S-Off (which I thought initially was my problem) but I need to convert it to a stock rom? which is impossible because the data is lost for my stock rom. Really the best thing that I want to do now is completely revert my phone back to a complete stock; No root, The S- Whatever it's supposed to be, just like taking it out of the box.

But even that seems to be nearly impossible to do at this point. So, I need a starting point on where I need to go as far as trying to flash other custom roms. I'm getting tired of being stuck on this rom and its annoying boot looping through any custom rom ZIP since my firmware doesn't match (Yet for some reason ROM manager allowed it to flash incorrectly =/)

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
RUU. And you don't need to S-OFF unless you plan on flashing other antennas. As for flashing using CWM, I pulled away from it. Too many bugs. I recommend RA-based recoveries. But right-o, the answer: Since you're S-ON, you have to extract the "boot.img" file from the ROM you are attempting to flash. Using "Fastboot" commands, you will need to overwrite the current "boot.img" with the "boot.img" that you plan to use. After flashing the correct "boot.img", you then flash the ROM from which you took the boot.img file from and in a few minutes after the ROM installation, you should have your phone up and running the way you want. Just to make me feel better: you do wipe Dalvik-cache, cache, data, and do a factory reset from the recovery, right? Before doing any thing?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
http://db.tt/2Zg3UeCw There's a link to the 3 files for Fastboot commands in case you haven't used it before. As for root, there is a flashable zip file that installs root access, here it is: http://db.tt/n4tr8lwi Just flash it using your custom recovery and you'll have root access.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums