[MAC] Rooting Vivid Help

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm at the end of unlocking my bootloader from the HTCdev site, and i completed all the steps. but the site doesn't shed much light for mac OS x users. I'm on the last step and can't seem to figure out the last terminal command to unlock the bootloader. HTC emails you the 'Unlock_code.bin' So in the Terminal i type '~/Desktop/Android/fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin' and get an error saying that 'Unlock_code.bin' cannot be opened. Any thoughts?! please if you know how to fix can you let me know.:(

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I am on the last part of the htcdev site. When I put in the terminal to find the .bin file it can't find it or its not in a directory...I give up lol

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you probably got it all sorted out by now, but I did my bootloader unlock over the weekend. It only took two tries at the copy and paste part to get it right and the token went in on the first shot. I know the initial post on this thread was aimed primarily at Mac users, but it is the only one that gets into the nitty gritty of the rooting process. That XDA link is quite helpful, but, if anyone has any experience in the execution of the Vivid rooting process, I would love to hear from you. Yeah, I use winblows, darn it.