My Htc Vivid is rooted now I want to create a Wireless Hot spot.

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Htc Vivid is rooted now I want to create a Wireless Hot sp

Well, I killed it! Maybe not permantely but I am stuck. I cannot boot the phone and get a red triangle when I try to restore. I will have to re-flash but I need someone to walk me through it over the phone. if anyone who knows a bit about flashing a kernal and ROM please pm me and let me know how to contact you. HELP!!!
Gary
unlocked, rooted htc Vivid :(

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

I will be re-flashing on Wednseday. I'll let you know what happens, Gary

tommy-b

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I've only rooted and installed a custom MOD once (current stable CM7 on an HTC Desire CDMA) and it activated the Wi-Fi hotspot. I've not flashed a kernel and don't plan on it anytime soon since my reasons for rooting have been more than satisfied. If carrier makes a difference, I am on C Spire with a phone that was still branded Cellular South prior to rooting. BTW, I used Recovery, *not* ROM Manager as I read it was breaking wireless services and other probs for some phones.

Reactions: kelnhofer

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Saenz_Scene I wanted to thank you for your help. I ended up flashing a "Rum_Raider" Rom to my Htc Vivid and it is working great! I am up and running with Wireless Hot Spot working. :D:D:D

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Awesome Job man! Glad you are up and running. I was wondering if you had got it flashed and going. I may have to flash now lol i love all the pluses you get with root.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

zippox180

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
To the op, if you are trying to achieve wifi or blue tooth hot spot try going to the foxfi website. Download foxfi to your phone from there as tethering or hot spot apps are blocked by att in the play store. If you would like to use with a tablet download foxfi on your phone and pdanet on your tablet and connect through wifi or blue tooth. I I suggest bluetooth because it is less on your battery.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

mcrane32

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC Inspire with AT&T and want to run FoxFi. It's a blocked app everytime I try to install the apk file. I guess I need to root it and await a response here? Oh how do I root it?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC Inspire with AT&T and want to run FoxFi. It's a blocked app everytime I try to install the apk file. I guess I need to root it and await a response here? Oh how do I root it?

This is for the HTC Vivid, look at the HTC Inspire 4G forum, they should have the answers you seek. But I will tell you this: Ace Advanced Hack Kit.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21