Vivid ICS from OTA

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You guys may wanna check this out. BrandonBaskin an XDA member had a OTA notification popup on his Vivid, he uploaded it, and the devs created a working CWM flashable stock AT&T ROM. I've had it on mine since yesterday, and it's a pretty sweet upgrade! A few people have had issues getting it working, but I think most got it working at some point. FYI it's ICS 4.03 with Sense 3.6.

ROM Thread: [FIRMWARE] [ICS] [4.0.3] STOCK & Rooted (3-3-2012) - xda-developers

Original OTA thread: Vivid ics ota update! 3/3/2012 - xda-developers

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
You guys may wanna check this out. BrandonBaskin an XDA member had a OTA notification popup on his Vivid, he uploaded it, and the devs created a working CWM flashable stock AT&T ROM. I've had it on mine since yesterday, and it's a pretty sweet upgrade! <i>A few people have had issues getting it working, but I think most got it working at some point.</i> FYI it's ICS 4.03 with Sense 3.6.<br />
<br />
ROM Thread: [FIRMWARE] [ICS] [4.0.3] STOCK & Rooted (3-3-2012) - xda-developers<br />
<br />
Original OTA thread: Vivid ics ota update! 3/3/2012 - xda-developers

Also worth mentioning that in the OTA thread, there is an RUU that was posted by XDA recognized developer, pirateghost, on Page 13 or 14 of that thread. Gonna try the RUU tonight, I will report back on how it goes.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Also worth mentioning that in the OTA thread, there is an RUU that was posted by XDA recognized developer, pirateghost, on Page 13 or 14 of that thread. Gonna try the RUU tonight, I will report back on how it goes.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

I'm curious about difference with the RUU - he posted this a few pages before the upload post:
the RUU i have is for 3.26.502.52
the version that was released in the OTA was 3.26.502.54

Plus there's reports of issues with it not finishing and bricking the phones also. Be careful!

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
has anyone flashed this with stock and locked vivid? I want to flash it, but i read in the thread that someone tried flashing it through HBOOT and it bricked his phone.

Savvyray

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have. Its totally safe. I am totally stock and locked. I backed up all my stuff, downloaded the RUU and hooked my phone to the computer. Opened the file and BAM! Everything works, it will wipe your phone though. IF you have questions ask away but so far its sweet.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Got it updated through RUU. The phone got 10x better with this update. Thanks for posting!

Last edited:

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone that updated through RUU gotten the final official OTA from AT&T? The firmware on my phone reads 4.0.3 710RD, and the final released firmware is just 4.0.3.