1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Does anyone from the UK have a Sensation yet?

I am surprised that there are no reviews of this phone to be found anywhere. I did a search on Google UK and came up with nothing but previews that date back to April 12th and from that road show HTC had a week or so back.

I want to see some benchmarks too!

Seeing a review of the Sensation is the next best thing to seeing one of the Evo 3d.

So, proud Sensation owners....lets hear it and see it!

Here is an un-boxing video.

Yep I got 2 yesterday 1 for the wife 1 for me

Gotta be honest I'm impressed but not blown away with it its not that much better than my nexus s
    It could be that I've not played enough with it yet but I'm seriously not convinced and I really really want to be

My wife on the other hand adores hers its everything she expected and then some

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Just one other point
    I was under the impression that the sensation was an aluminum unibody ...... It really doesn't feel like it is the entire back comes away and it doesn't feel anywhere near as solid as the desire s or the legend

Quote Originally Posted by ianst28 View Post
    Just one other point
    I was under the impression that the sensation was an aluminum unibody ...... It really doesn't feel like it is the entire back comes away and it doesn't feel anywhere near as solid as the desire s or the legend

How is zippy is the phone? Is it smooth with Sense 3.0? Experience any lags on freezes yet? Any word on battery life yet?

I've had a couple of freezing moments but that was when I was setting it up ....... Doing too much at once I guess
    Apart from that it seems very fast and smooth which is why I feel bad for not being completely in love with it

Quote Originally Posted by ianst28 View Post
    I've had a couple of freezing moments but that was when I was setting it up ....... Doing too much at once I guess
    Apart from that it seems very fast and smooth which is why I feel bad for not being completely in love with it

And what were you using before? I'll admit I'm a tad skeptical about buying this over the upcoming iphone. Hopefully it will be a huge upgrade for me since I'm using a Blackberry Bold 9700.

ive been using a nexus 1 for ages but i had a nexus s last week and i was more impressed with the nexus than the sensation
    that said if your coming from a BB this thing will blow your mind but you will miss some of the things BB do like the bbm and the way twitter and facebook integrate into the o/s

i may have a galaxy sII on its way to me next week and because its easier to root and play with that migh end up being my daily user

i really wish i could get on with this phone but maybe i hyped it up too much in my head i don't know it just isnt up where i anticipated it would be

Why doesn't it blow you away compared to your nexus? Lag?

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

You do realize that if you import the SGS2 it would be limited to EDGE on T Mobile USA.
    Last edited by junglejunkie; 05-21-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Is there an LED notification???

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    Is there an LED notification???
    I would like to know aswell

Quote Originally Posted by junglejunkie View Post
    I would like to know aswell
    Yes.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Man I wish it had more onboard storage

There will be approximately 1.02GB available to the user. That's more than enough. More and more apps support SD cards now. I'm not worried at all.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Why? You don't need more than that. And if you do, you can always move apps to the SD card.

I'm not sure why I'm not blown away what I have noticed is that it doesn't sit as nicely in my hand this sounds stupid but its a little bit taller than the nexus s and the balance point is obviously different
    For it to feel safe I have to change the way I hold it and that doesn't feel right
    It kinda does have led notification certainly when its charging or charged but I haven't noticed on other things like mail
    I'm in the UK so the edge thing doesn't count
    There seems to be plenty of memory ....... Best if I explain better
    On my nexus 1 if i used over half the phone memory the phone got very laggy until I moved the apps to the SD card
    On the sensation I have about 350mb left and it makes no difference

One cool thing though ..... I transcoded some films for a galaxy tab and I accidentally put the SD card from the tab into the sensation ........ The films look amazing on the sensation

Sent from my HTC sensation using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    Yes.

That's not the led the led is hidden in the speaker grill the thing you've circled is the light sensor I think

Ok so yes it does have led notification but so far only on text messages through handcent
    Battery life ...... Well its terrible Tbh I took my sensation off charge at 11 am today I've used it normally and I'm in the orange now at 545 pm ........ Yes I know I'm hard on my phone but my Mrs who isn't is under half full and she has been up maybe an hour longer

Tbh I'm definitely thinking about the galaxy s 2 or keeping the nexus s

Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you're a heavy user it will take a few days for the battery life to adjust to you.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

See link below for where and how LED Notification works. Scroll to bottom of page...

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Would you be willing to run some benchmarks other than quadrant and linpack?

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

[QUOTE=Droid800;928124]If you're a heavy user it will take a few days for the battery life to adjust to you.

What do you mean by that? I'get gone from a bb9700 to the sensation and the battery is awful. I cannot get through day without charging it, most of the time I keep it plugged in to charge when I use it, my bb lasted a day and a half before a charge.

I'll admit that the phone is better at everything but it doesn't seem very mobile when ever I use it I worry about the battery.

Does it get bereft and 'learn' or something?

Default Re: Does anyone from the UK have a Sensation yet?

How do you like the "phone book" operation? Does anyone else think that when scrolling through the contacts it resets itself to the top. Is this annoying or is it just me?
    Also contacts can't be entered by post code only zip. Post codes are transferred via Outlook just fine. Contacted HTC, they are working on a fix.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Re: Does anyone from the UK have a Sensation yet?

It is an American phone remeber, just getting a sign you need to go to the second page of numbers when the $ sign is on the f key. The phone is a little buggy and the battery is rubbish but overall it is the best phone you can get today.