S7 and Nougat?

D_Blumen

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
Hands up those who like Nougat In S7....

after more than a week using the Nougat on my S7, I honest can't tell what the difference between Masrhmallow and Nougat is. Sure, many things have changed cosmetically,, but for 99% of the things that I do on a daily basis, I have no idea what the Nougat fuss is all about. :) :(

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have an S7 edge, but my answer still applies. I am very happy with the Nougat update. I really like the enhanced Always On Display and the notifications, I think they are nice upgrades. There is a lot more that I enjoy, but I can be long winded at times and don't have that kind of time right now:)

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I was expecting disappointment but I really love the cleaner look of N, the notification improvements, and the small tweaks they've given. I LOVE the split screen REAL multitasking we've been waiting for!!

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Still waiting for the bloody thing (I'm on Telus in Canada)...
:cool: @dialonde..Telus.com started its phones updating to Nougat
I own a SGs7 and get Upgraded to Nougat on Apr-01-2017

but I want to Roll back to Marshmallow the Nougat ver.
is a disaster, starting with the Blurriness of screen

icons and text: The Pull down icons panel is hard
to view it & the AOD=AlwayOnDisplay icon

was removed is accessible only on
Settings the: Phone-Contacts and

Messages apps are worst blurry
and in white backround

Like I said I'll find the way
to get back to "M"

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
:cool: @dialonde..Telus.com started its phones updating to Nougat
I own a SGs7 and get Upgraded to Nougat on Apr-01-2017

but I want to Roll back to Marshmallow the Nougat ver.
is a disaster, starting with the Blurriness of screen

icons and text: The Pull down icons panel is hard
to view it & the AOD=AlwayOnDisplay icon

was removed is accessible only on
Settings the: Phone-Contacts and

Messages apps are worst blurry
and in white backround

Like I said I'll find the way
to get back to "M"

Yeah I got it on March 20. I actually love it. Did you try clearing the cache or going back to factory settings? I don't have any of those issues.

Also, in Nougat, there's an option in the Display settings to change the resolution, maybe that would do the trick.

The only issue I have is that S Voice is not able to read contacts anymore (which is OK because Google Voice does). Otherwise it's smooth as butter!

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I got it on March 20. I actually love it. Did you try clearing the cache or going back to factory settings? I don't have any of those issues.

Also, in Nougat, there's an option in the Display settings to change the resolution, maybe that would do the trick.

The only issue I have is that S Voice is not able to read contacts anymore (which is OK because Google Voice does). Otherwise it's smooth as butter!
THANKS - Dialonde: I'll carry on with your advices
and I'll report the results for the records..SeeYa!