What can we do better around here?

spantch101

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I didn't even think of the Android Central app. I don't use it, so I am not sure what it displays. It should also show icons, emojis or whatever they are called in this case☺

I'm one of the few that apparently use all the mobile nations apps for participating in the threads. But as noted before. There are no titles displayed on the android app. Should I be using tapatalk?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of the few that apparently use all the mobile nations apps for participating in the threads. But as noted before. There are no titles displayed on the android app. Should I be using tapatalk?
Using the Android Central app, other forum apps, a browser or Tapatalk is a preference. You can try Tapatalk and see what suits you better.

The reason I like and use Tapatalk is because I can access the Mobile Nations forums and many other forums conveniently with one app.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Using the Android Central app, other forum apps, a browser or Tapatalk is a preference. You can try Tapatalk and see what suits you better.

The reason I like and use Tapatalk is because I can access the Mobile Nations forums and many other forums conveniently with one app.

Yep. I use Tapatalk as well -- works well for many forums :).

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps some more canned replies for the common questions like "I hate Nougat and want to roll back" or "how do I find the clipboard"...?

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the new titles, James. Also, even though they are also identical, I think the separate threads were better on the s8/S8+. Maybe a way to choose to post on both where replies show up on both forums automatically?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the new titles, James. Also, even though they are also identical, I think the separate threads were better on the s8/S8+. Maybe a way to choose to post on both where replies show up on both forums automatically?
I am curious, could you tell us the reason(s) why you think it would be better if the forums were separated?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Only use mobile phone here.. Don't think I can do it on phone... :/
Hi @Tim1954, I am not sure what device you are using, but this is just a suggestion.

You can use SwiftKey keyboard and pin a canned response within the SwiftKey clipboard itself. Then you only have to perform 2 taps, 3 depending on where you were last at, to paste your response. It is a very easy and efficient method to use.

This is one of several options. I hope this helpsツ

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
OK, here is what I would like to see. I keep finding forums that I did not know existed. I think maybe some type of announcement whenever a new forum is created would be helpful. Or maybe a dedicated thread for new forum announcements whenever one is created.

Some forums are tucked away where I would not think of looking. I have found a search method that helps me find forums. I think knowing when a new one is created and where it is would be helpful though.

hashfork

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Give us a way to buy out of having ads displayed. When they move the screen, it can make us make more mistakes and cause frustration both with us and potentially with other users.

This is a great idea. Create a lifetime subscription and have it be ad free. It wouldn't even have to be that expensive per user to match ad revenue.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Add me one as only uses the Android Central app. When I was using a WP, I only used the WC app. Now that I moved over here, I didn't even download the WC app. Never have used Tapatalk.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I use tapatalk also and that's what took me so long to get to the lounge, couldn't find it. I didn't think of coming to the website for some reason. I kept waiting to see trusted member displayed by my name on tapatalk and then noticed nobody else had it either, some moderators do. I still don't have trusted member even now by my name. But anyway, I agree with it being displayed on tapatalk also, good idea.