New Trusted Members

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey Richard, you moving from slack to this other thing?

Nay, slack is still our preferred means of communications for most teams. The TM BBM group and Telegram group are just for fun, they are in no way required. For that matter the slack group is not 100% required either although it IS preferred if you are on one of the smaller more focused teams such as the Q&A Team, Mod Team, Champion Team, etc. Trusted Member team is just a bit too large for slack. ;)

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys.

I requested to be a Trusted Member last week and I received the email from James with the link to apply for it, I did it and let James know about it but I haven't heard from him again, question, is there something else I must do? I received an email on Thursday or Friday directed to the Staff (or the whole Volunteer team) with suggestions as of to go to iMore and post more in there. So, I think I've been added somehow to the group but my username on the forums still doesn't show anything different and I tried creating a new thread on the Volunteer Lounge and it told me that I don't have permission for it.

So, you with experience on this, what else is to do? Thanks.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys.

I requested to be a Trusted Member last week and I received the email from James with the link to apply for it, I did it and let James know about it but I haven't heard from him again, question, is there something else I must do? I received an email on Thursday or Friday directed to the Staff (or the whole Volunteer team) with suggestions as of to go to iMore and post more in there. So, I think I've been added somehow to the group but my username on the forums still doesn't show anything different and I tried creating a new thread on the Volunteer Lounge and it told me that I don't have permission for it.

So, you with experience on this, what else is to do? Thanks.

I don't know if it's ever gonna show up in the mobile app, but on the PC side of things I know my profile was updated as a Trusted Member.

Not sure which you're looking at.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it's ever gonna show up in the mobile app, but on the PC side of things I know my profile was updated as a Trusted Member.

Not sure which you're looking at.

I don't use the mobile app, most of my day I'm just in from of a PC or laptop so that's what I use, once at home I use my tablet with Chrome in Desktop Mode.

But I just received an email from James telling me that because I'm one of the highest poster on the forum, asking me to join the trusted Member group, I replied to him that I've already passed that point and even applied for it but I haven't received a response back so now I'm waiting to see if he replies back to that.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the mobile app, most of my day I'm just in from of a PC or laptop so that's what I use, once at home I use my tablet with Chrome in Desktop Mode.

But I just received an email from James telling me that because I'm one of the highest poster on the forum, asking me to join the trusted Member group, I replied to him that I've already passed that point and even applied for it but I haven't received a response back so now I'm waiting to see if he replies back to that.

He is really busy, but he will reply. If he hasn't replied in a few days just send him a friendly reminder.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I am a new trusted member. I came here because I was told I would have an Ad Free forum experience. Also it seems my S8+ battery life increased ever since I was promoted to a trusted member.

I'm just messing around. I try to have a sense of humor. If you see me around the forums I try to help where I can because understanding this stuff comes naturally to me. I am also a lawyer by day and firefighter / EMT as a volunteer as my other "hobby". I enjoy challenging things. Glad to be a participant this is a great forum. See you around.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I am a new trusted member. I came here because I was told I would have an Ad Free forum experience. Also it seems my S8+ battery life increased ever since I was promoted to a trusted member.

I'm just messing around. I try to have a sense of humor. If you see me around the forums I try to help where I can because understanding this stuff comes naturally to me. I am also a lawyer by day and firefighter / EMT as a volunteer as my other "hobby". I enjoy challenging things. Glad to be a participant this is a great forum. See you around.
Haha, you got me! I was like what the???

Welcome Adam, glad to have you as part of the team!

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Good morning, I'm Wade, from W. Kentucky. I'm a Dept of Energy Security Police Officer. Been involved in fire, EMS, SAR, and Canine SAR the majority of my adult life. Did 20 years with the Air Force Auxilary (Civil Air Patrol). Jumped out of airplanes in the Army.

Like some others, I just got an invite the other day, due to my "excessive" postings over the last week or so. :) I think I finally submitted the info last night, so I guess I'll be seeing an update to my profile shortly. I was on WC for years, even helped as an Ambassador for a time. Loved Windows Phones, but MS' lack of interest in developing the mobile market for consumers pushed me over here. I have been pleasantly pleased with my S7 and now a Gear S3.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I was on WC for years, even helped as an Ambassador for a time. Loved Windows Phones, but MS' lack of interest in developing the mobile market for consumers pushed me over here. I have been pleasantly pleased with my S7 and now a Gear S3.
About 12 years ago I had Palm Treo and then 2 years later I got a Sprint Mogul by HTC. They were 2 of my favorite and most memorable phone's. I always thought Windows phones were cutting edge, I still do. They had Iris scanning and other features years ago. The platform just never seemed to gain enough ground. So, here we are now on the Android side of things. Welcome Wade!

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
About 12 years ago a had Palm Treo and then 2 years later I got a Sprint Mogul by HTC. They were 2 of my favorite and most memorable phone's. I always thought Windows phones were cutting edge, I still do. They had Iris scanning and other features years ago. The platform just never seemed to gain enough ground. So, here we are now on the Android side of things. Welcome Wade!

Man I loved my Palm Treo!! Had a Palm Pre+, couple Blackberries, and a slew of Windows phones. I too think Windows could be cutting edge. Just don't understand why devs never got behind them. Honestly, I don't think I could go back after seeing what we can do in Android. And I've only been on an Android since 2016 Black Friday weekend.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Man I loved my Palm Treo!! Had a Palm Pre+, couple Blackberries, and a slew of Windows phones. I too think Windows could be cutting edge. Just don't understand why devs never got behind them. Honestly, I don't think I could go back after seeing what we can do in Android. And I've only been on an Android since 2016 Black Friday weekend.
I had a Palm Pre, loved the webOS it ran on. I could go back to a Windows phone, but only if apps started to be developed and supported like iOS and Android. Since that is not going to happen, I will be content with Android. iOS is way too boring for me. I change my setup more than I change my underwearツ

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am a trusted member. I'm a little slow getting around and figuring this out, making baby steps.

I don't have the trusted member under my name for some reason, but rest assured I'm a member, I get the Friday emails, that's how I found the volunteer lounge. LOL

jafobabe

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Greeting! I'm running around the MobileNations like a Crazy Lady.... My home is on Crackberry and have been a member since 2010. I will be learning as much as possible (with this empty head of mine) with all the different OS's and accessories. It's FUN!!!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Greeting! I'm running around the MobileNations like a Crazy Lady.... My home is on Crackberry and have been a member since 2010. I will be learning as much as possible (with this empty head of mine) with all the different OS's and accessories. It's FUN!!!
CrackBerry is where I started my forum reading. The forums have been very informative for me, I have learned a lot from these forums. I try to repay with my limited knowledge to new users.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am a trusted member. I'm a little slow getting around and figuring this out, making baby steps.

I don't have the trusted member under my name for some reason, but rest assured I'm a member, I get the Friday emails, that's how I found the volunteer lounge. LOL
Hello,

You can send James a quick email and he will be sure to add the Trusted Member title for you.

james@mobilenations.com

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello all and thank you for the invite to be a trusted member. I primarily hang out in the S8+ forum trying to offer any help I can.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone !
I had received a Trusted Member invitation some days ago.
I was a Windows phone user and shifted to Android in Sept 2016 with a Moto G4 plus (though I still have my Lumia as a secondary device).
I am from India and happy to meet you all on this forum.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey