I got a Samsung galaxy S II i777. A Samsung rep recommended zedge for ringtones.
    So I go there, pick one, and it says, "1. Grab your phone and go to m.zedge.net/zcode 2. Enter 412... in the zCode field 3. Hit " and save the item"
    I did that and when after I entered the code and hit ok, it just hung there. So I downloaded it to my pc and tranferred it to phone that way. I still can't use it as a ringtone. Another Samsung rep said it might work if I downloaded it directly to the phone. How?
    11-18-2011 11:45 PM
    Just down load the Zedge app from the android market, it down loads directly to your phone.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...S5hbmRyb2lkIl0.
    11-19-2011 12:35 AM
    you can either download ringtones directly from zedge on the android market, or you can also try download an app called "cool ringtones" from the android market.. thats where i got my ringtones.
    11-24-2011 05:13 PM
    after downloading to your computer, and putting it on the phone .. go to "Music Player" - find your ringtone, press and hold it until the option box opens, select "SET AS" and setting it as a ringtone is an option I had to do search to figure it out too after downloading from zedge .. now I have tons of new ringtones!
    skylane10 likes this.
    12-01-2011 09:21 PM
    where is a good place to get good free ringtones? Thanks
    12-07-2011 10:14 PM
    I'd like to use certain songs as ringtones. I have some I've made available offline. I have two music applications that both show up titled Music. One has a headphones icon and is Google Music. I can access my offline songs there, but if I hold down one selection there, use as ringtone isn't as option. If I look at the other "Music" app, the one that came with the phone with the CD disc/music tone icon, it doesn't see any music files. The same with the app Ringdroid. I don't know enough about the file structure to know how to make those apps see the songs. I can see that the music files are in Android>Data>com.google.android.music. Tearing my hair out, here!
    12-09-2011 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD