How to get New Home Screen

etexans82

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
How do i get the new home screen with the set of squares at the bottom instead of the standard buttons at the bottom of the screen. Been looking all over and can't seem to find how to do this pls help. I have a pic of what im talking about below.

Ilyasviel

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
That's froyo (aka, android os 2.2) it's currently not officially out for any device except the Nexus one. But there is a unofficial version for the Motorola Droid.
But to get that, you'll need to root your phone.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/hacking/ here is the link for the rooting/hacking forum, it'll help you learn everything you need to do to root your phone.

Official Froyo 2.2 Support and Q&A thread and that should be everything you need to flash froyo onto your device (if you're using a droid, that is)

*Update, looking at it now, I forgot that there is apparently a way to get froyo without rooting your droid, but I've never tried it. So try it at your own risk.

Hope this helps!

area52

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Or download adw launcher in the market. It's free, looks just like that, and does not require root.
...launcher pro can also be set up to look that way.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I've got an eris and currently running launcher pro def the best really smooth nice looking screen and they added the 3d app drawer which is cool. Add beautiful widgets and ur all set no reason to root just for that.

berryjunky

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I used both launcherpro and adw.launcher
both are pretty good and smooth. launcherpro would force close on me though. another plus to both is when you hit the home button on the moto Droid and you can see all of your screens (can set to 3, 5, or 7). launcherpro has shortcuts at the bottom where adw doesn't. but they're both good. beuatiful widgets is also a great add on like kroman said. also with adw you can pinch the screen (make it smaller) your on to see previews of all of your screens.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1