Wallpapers from photos I took

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
Just thought I'd share. I took these on my road trip with my Pre and Sony point-and-shoot last year and use them as my own wallpapers. If you like one take it, if not, thanks for looking!

santamonica.jpg

rushmore.jpg

road-1.jpg

palmtrees.jpg

arizona.jpg

Writermind

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Those pics are PHENOMENAL!

I want them all, but based on my experience in trying to use pics that big, they always look horrible as wallpapers on my device.

I'm new to the EVO so I hope I don't make a fool of myself asking how to do something which you guys think is elementary, but here goes:

I have noticed everytime I try to use a picture as a wallpaper, the EVO only lets me fit a small portion of the picture. Whatever doesn't fit inside of its little yellow box gets truncated.

Even if you resize the box, you cannot get the entire picture in the box and what's worse, once the EVO shows the picture as a wallpaper, it always looks blown up to 1.5 times the size it is when you selected it. Very frustrating.

I've downloaded a lot of good wallpapers which I've been forced to delete because they look so horrible when the EVO blows them up in size like that.

I'm coming to the EVO from a Pre and the WEB OS was PHENOMENAL at re-sizing any image or picture you wanted to use as your desktop. I mean it worked perfectly almost 99% of the time!

Anyway to make my EVO showcase images at a decent size so I can use them as wallpapers that actually look decent?

Thanks in advance.

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
Thanks!

I really couldn't help you on that, but I came from the Pre so I know what you're talking about.

The Evo won't allow you to stretch or anything like that, you have to keep the same proportions.

Anyway, the wallpapers above are sized for the Evo, since that's what I have.

defector

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
you are absolutely right ,am defector from webos pre,so easy to you but this evo phone is a beast.there has to be a way for the evo to arrange wall paper automatically ala pre.