Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wallpaper Sizing

Newbie here, I need some help with something that's driving me crazy. I've been looking at different ways of personalising my Nexus 7 and wallpaper is my first thing. I'm seeing some nice examples from other peoples tablets, with links to the wp, great. So I have it on my tablet, I long press my home screen and choose Wallpaper. It gives several options for opening it, and I generally choose QuickPic, however, the same thing then happens regardless. I get offered a crop option, which I understand is due to being able to go from portrait to landscape. What has me stumped is the fact this only allows me to use a small portion of the original wp as downloaded. Could it be that these people are only giving an image of their crop, maybe because they don't want anyone replicating the look they've set up, or am I being a bit dense here and missing something obvious?

Default Re: Wallpaper Sizing

Quote Originally Posted by pjiffy View Post
    Newbie here, I need some help with something that's driving me crazy. I've been looking at different ways of personalising my Nexus 7 and wallpaper is my first thing. I'm seeing some nice examples from other peoples tablets, with links to the wp, great. So I have it on my tablet, I long press my home screen and choose Wallpaper. It gives several options for opening it, and I generally choose QuickPic, however, the same thing then happens regardless. I get offered a crop option, which I understand is due to being able to go from portrait to landscape. What has me stumped is the fact this only allows me to use a small portion of the original wp as downloaded. Could it be that these people are only giving an image of their crop, maybe because they don't want anyone replicating the look they've set up, or am I being a bit dense here and missing something obvious?
    Android screen resolutions are very different from machine to machine... early on when I started making wallpapers I did most of my images as 960(w)x800(h)... this is 960 pixels wide by 800 pixels heigh. My next device had 1040x960. Either of these images work great on my Nexus 7 tablet... and the cropping will crop to fit the screen, but for the most part these image work great.... you just need to stretch all the sides to pick up as much of the image as you want... pull the top up, left all the way, right all the way and also the bottom all the way down. I don't remember the specific size of the wallpaper that the Nexus 7 can take and really don't make any of mine specifically for the Nexus 7, but all the ones I have tried look fantastic on that device.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Default Re: Wallpaper Sizing

Nexus 7 is roughly 1280x1440, give or take a few pixels. If you log into tabpimps you can upload and crop any image to the right size for your N7......
    Tabpimps.com