Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help creating Live Wallpaper

This goes out to all the devs of live wallpapers..

I'm trying to learn how to create these things. I created complete themes for the Blackberry os and posted them on the forums on crackberry, people liked them! I'm trying to learn how to make the live wallpapers, and I have some great ideas. If anyone can help point me in the right direction that would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Wouldn't mind knowing how to do this myself.
    When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, then it will be time for you to leave.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm more so trying to figure out what programs to use.

With Blackberry it was Theme Builder and Composer. I don't know what the equivalent to these are for Android OS, that is, if there is one.

Global Posts
    1,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

There is no "Live Wallpaper Builder" similar to BlackBerry Theme Builder. Live Wallpapers are designed and programmed like all other Android apps... through the SDK.
    Current: Motorola Nexus 6, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013), Moto 360

Standby:
    Motorola Moto X (2013), Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks ock,

I've downloaded the SDK, but i'm completely lost. Any good tutorials out there?

I don't know if this will help (I am not an Android Developer) but found this:

Androgames | Android Live Wallpaper tutorial