Any way someone could make me some LOUD ringtones or explain how to?

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid X and I am having the volume issue. I can't usually hear my notifications or ring tones very well. I'm just wondering if someone can make me some loud ring tones or if someone could explain to me how to do it. Thanks.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
What sounds were you looking to get? Just anything loud? I have this one tone that I can upload when I get home that I use for emails that pretty loud.

ron87

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Use audacity or wavepad to edit the clip of the song. The go use the equalizer to turn down the bass and turn up the vocals. Then amplify the clip to 4 dbs. You can go higher but i advise you dont cuz it'll blow the speaker on the phone. My ringtones almost do on my evo. lol You have to experiment a little with each song because some songs have deeper bass than others. I was going to post a step by step of how I do them but that'll take forever. I learned years ago from the sprintusers forum.

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I was suggested in a different thread to try audacity. I played with that for about a half an hour but didn't really figure it out. I haven't ever messed with an audio editor until then. Ill give it a try again in the morning when I get out of work but if vdub could e mail me some that would be cool. I would really like a louder version of the droid sound and idk if you know the notification sound called color that comes on the incredible but I'd really like a loud version of that too. My e-mail is gtmci84s@gmail.com. Thanks.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I was suggested in a different thread to try audacity. I played with that for about a half an hour but didn't really figure it out. I haven't ever messed with an audio editor until then. Ill give it a try again in the morning when I get out of work but if vdub could e mail me some that would be cool. I would really like a louder version of the droid sound and idk if you know the notification sound called color that comes on the incredible but I'd really like a loud version of that too.

I'll email you what I have now and when I get home I can see what I can do with the other ringtones.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Just change the file name to .zip?

Ya know... I don't know if that would work or not. It just might lol It might be worth trying. But what I'm talking about is you have to have a program like WinRar or 7-zip to add the ringtone to a .zip archive file.

7-Zip

Free and useful software! :)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Ya know... I don't know if that would work or not. It just might lol It might be worth trying. But what I'm talking about is you have to have a program like WinRar or 7-zip to add the ringtone to a .zip archive file.

7-Zip

Free and useful software! :)

I can't believe I asked that question.....LOL

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll email you what I have now and when I get home I can see what I can do with the other ringtones.

Thanks for the email with the tone. My phone still doesn't give me the option to DL it but my computer does. I guess I'll just DL it on my computer and transfer it to my phone.

If any one else can help me out with some loud tones it would be appreciated. Thanks.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the email with the tone. My phone still doesn't give me the option to DL it but my computer does. I guess I'll just DL it on my computer and transfer it to my phone.

If any one else can help me out with some loud tones it would be appreciated. Thanks.

No problem!

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Ill have to wait until morning to check them out. I cant put them on my phone here at work. I tried emailing them to my self and I still don't get the option to DL them on my gmail on my phone. Any idea why that might be?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user