How safe are Android launchers and which developers do you trust?

Poltergeist93

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Been using BuzzLauncher lately and wondering how safe they are. Not really a fan of Go Launcher. Seems like they have a hard time speaking english when replying on comments for there launcher on the Play store. I know BuzzLauncher is a Korean developer and permissions for the app allow them to see text messages. Has anyone ever had problems with them or any other launchers in terms of privacy?:p

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would guess that most if not all launchers have access to text messages, because they may have features like an unread message badge, or perhaps an included widget for messaging.

Poltergeist93

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would guess that most if not all launchers have access to text messages, because they may have features like an unread message badge, or perhaps an included widget for messaging.
I understand that part I'm more going after privacy. Like do developers of these launchers that require access to text messages for things to work with the launcher snoop around through private things?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the Security forum is a good place to discuss this. Keep in mind that there's a lot of data mining going on everywhere--but mostly for ad dollars. But a healthy dose of caution is never a bad idea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance