nowPaper - Google Now Inspired Wallpapers w/ Muzei Support for Day Cycling

Domino45

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone! For the past few months I've been working on a series of wallpapers that I call Google Now Inspired Wallpapers, and they seem to have been very well received by the online community.

Many of you suggested an app, and nowPaper has been available for a little while, but today we are very happy to introduce nowPaper 2.0 (the latest update). The app now includes the long-awaited Muzei extension which further allows users to set a specific Google Now style “setting/location,” and it will cycle to correspond with dawn, day, dusk and night. The app is paid, but for only $0.99 you are supporting the development and design that goes into creating this application and artwork.

I am the designer, where as Jaxon Wright is the developer.

For more information regarding this nowPaper update, please check out my blog post. From there you can also download the Google Now Inspired Wallpapers for free manually if you so choose.

Muzei’s intuitiveness coupled with the beauty and spirit of the Google Now Inspired Wallpapers brings great-looking and responsive home screens to your Android device. Muzei’s blurring and dimming effects help in increasing icon visibility, but of course these can be turned off in the Muzei settings if preferred.

The great thing about this family of wallpapers is that it is ever-expanding. Sure, these designs take quite a bit of time to make, but the only thing that will stop me from making new landscapes and new cities is a lack of community interest. This isn't the case right now, so you can always expect more locations as time goes on. I understand many of you were waiting for functionality like this, so we hope you all enjoy :)
As it stands now, the wallpapers are set to change at the following times:

• Dawn: 6:00 a.m.
  • Day: 9:00 a.m.
  • Dusk: 6:00 p.m.
  • Night: 9:00 p.m.

PLAY LINK FOR NOWPAPER
PLAY LINK FOR MUZEI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678