How to set an uncropped photo as wallpaper?

Easy Muffin

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm with Xperia Z3 and I'm trying to deal with that obligatory cropping of the personal photos from the Album when trying to set them as wallpapers. Only the default wallpapers don't need to be cropped. I downloaded some nice wallpapers which are just the right size for my screen, but the only way to set them as a background is to crop them either through the Album, or Google+. So my question is: How to select a photo from the Album and set it to the background as it is (fullsized)?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
How do you display an entire 8 X 10 picture in a 5 X 7 frame? That's what you're asking. A 1080 X 1920 wallpaper doesn't have to be cropped because that's the size of the "frame" (the screen). If the picture is smaller, you either stretch it to fit (which can make it look awful) or you have a small wallpaper in the middle of a large blank screen. If the picture is smaller you can shrink it to fit (which can also make it look awful) or you can crop it to fit.

But you can't display a 2160 X 3840 picture on a 1080 X 1920 screen any more than you can display an 8 X 10 picture in a 5 X 7 frame. Evidently, while the wallpapers you downloaded look like the right size for your screen, they aren't. Or you're misunderstanding something. (If the wallpaper is 1080 X 1920, it will fit fine in portrait, but unless you want to look at it sideways, it has to be cropped for landscape.) And you have to download it in the size it is. If you see a supposedly 1080 X 1920 wallpaper on the screen, right-click it and save it, it might not be a 1080 X 1920 file. You have to download the file with the 1080 X 1920 wallpaper (unless the site is set up correctly and you can do a Save As and keep the size - many sites are "written" by people who don't know how to spell clue, let alone where to find one).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21